My Wilson switch setup with anti-clockwise twist to glow on the ignition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I just wanted to give something back and share my Wilson switch setup. I have put diagrams below of the 2 options I had and I went with using the ignition anti-clockwise turn as my momentary switch. I thought this was the most elegant option and I liked that it works similar to the original glow procedure. I also included photos of my setup before I tidied all the wires up. On the ignition wiring you can see that I took the old white-green wire out and put a new spade connector on my wire (red-white) and connected it into the block. Let me know if you have any questions, I used a 100A fuse and a Mahle MR 101 24v relay.

Diagram 1, my chosen option using the ignition anti-clockwise turn:
1624907656430.png

Diagram 2, momentary switch option:
1624907711787.png

1624908028453.png

1624908214941.png

1624908416189.png

Thank you FatalErrorStu. This does not fix my problem but it is a great work around. The diagrams and photos are super helpful. Thank you.

Thank you FatalErrorStu. This does not fix my problem but it is a great work around. The diagrams and photos are super helpful. Thank you.
You are welcome, I hope it helps someone out there. I had to go with this solution because when I got my BJ40 the whole glow system was already hacked up and not functioning correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom