My Super 40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The dbl. sided bolts are called steel binding posts & I used 2 per latch. I decided to use roll pins to attach the heads. Another spring is used over the binding post that connects the hinge plate to the latching mech I could not find. All that does is keep the rubber pads in tension from riding on the apron. I don't think it's really necessary for a trail rig :meh: They work great :D
DSC01018.JPG

Last edited:
Hamma, Dude, Gifted One--- Were you a Toyota Engineer in a previous life??? Maybe you helped on the Pyramids??? Hey when you get a minute come give my junk a look!!! If you like challenges you'll love my Junk. If not its allways worth a good laugh:cheers:

Nope, No Cruzah work :rolleyes: Onto the fabbin.
About 4 months ago, I hurt my back working out. After it felt better, I hit the weights & Stairmaster again. Thinking all was good, 2 months later, I started feeling some pain in my right leg. Doc told me it was sciatic nerve pain & could have stemmed from my back being out. Anyway, after adjustments, massages, heat, ice, I still have the chronic pain. So, I remembered feeling good on the traction table - it stretches your spine & relieves the pain. I decided to make some inversion shackles. I'm going to try them out in a few........:hillbilly:
DSC01042.JPG

hope your feeling better, be cautious with weights, etc after you hit our age. 10 yrs ago injured both rotor cuffs using free weights and have not been the same since.

About 4 months ago, I hurt my back working out. After it felt better, I hit the weights & Stairmaster again. Thinking all was good, 2 months later, I started feeling some pain in my right leg. Doc told me it was sciatic nerve pain & could have stemmed from my back being out. Anyway, after adjustments, massages, heat, ice, I still have the chronic pain. So, I remembered feeling good on the traction table - it stretches your spine & relieves the pain. I decided to make some inversion shackles. I'm going to try them out in a few........:hillbilly:

Hope you're feeling better. You're not starting to grow fangs are you

dracula.jpg

hope your feeling better, be cautious with weights, etc after you hit our age. 10 yrs ago injured both rotor cuffs using free weights and have not been the same since.

Doc said I shouldn't be doing clean & jerks anymore, that's how I hurt my back. I'll need to add a removable bottom plate cuz the shackles slide down my leg when I try & hook them. Or, just go buy an inversion table :meh:

Doc said I shouldn't be doing clean & jerks anymore, that's how I hurt my back. I'll need to add a removable bottom plate cuz the shackles slide down my leg when I try & hook them. Or, just go buy an inversion table :meh:

Chuck,
It is hell to get old ... FYI, the crushed disks in my neck is what got me started going to the Y every morning. I use the Roman chair to strengthen my lower back and the inversion portion stretches out my neck. Good luck, you are probably on the right track.

So does that mean your ready to join us on a trail ride?

So does that mean your ready to join us on a trail ride?

I know it's been a few years since I've ridden w/ the club (GSMTR '07), but I'm doing the best I can to get back to :steer: again. This one is the long term project & I'm not too far off from finishing the '73 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom