my sun roof wont open? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
works fine sounds fine but it only goes back maybe an inch and then just stops like its hitting something. It tilts up fine but i just cant figure out what it wont go back all the way?
Any ideas?

I had thgis exact problem, however it was because there was a cargo turtle on the roof. It's weight caused the roof to sag a little and stop the roof from opening. Have you put something up there heavy recently?

im sure you have, but have you tried releasing and pushing the switch again when it stops? mine stops halfway back and just have to push the button again.
might want to check the contacts in the switch.

i have a roof rack on the cruiser now but i have never really put a strain on it. I cant belive that just the roof rack is causing this. Ill check out the switch a little later.

thanks mike

LX-Mike,
There are a couple of small screws in the track assembly. These may have backed off a little and are causing the mechanism to bind.

When closing, the roof will stop about 6 inches from full closed, then you have to release and press the close switch again. It should open completely with one switch press/hold.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom