My Plans for Rex (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, after doing some thinking and trying to figure out what exact direction I want to go with the FJ I think I have found my path. I have swung from extreme ends of the spectrum like keeping it purely stock, to going crazy with it. I think I am going to end up somewhere sensible in the middle. This is may daily driver, but it will also be my "adventure rig." I know that is a lame term. I don't think setting it up to hang on the rocks with you big fellas is in the cards, but I want to get it to a point where I can join in on some respectable trails, while at the same time keeping it light and practical, and retaining a semi-stock look which I like on the FJ..... so....not necessarily in a particular order:

Aluminum front winch bumper (Aluminess seems to be an affordable option)
Warn or similar with synthetic line
drop in full basket for factory rack (there are a few manufactures)
OME springs and shocks (maybe stay with bilsteins?) **I only need 2" or so... for 285's
5 Nitto Ridge grapplers or Trail Grapplers (285/75/16 **32.8"**) on current TRD wheels
ARB air compressor
lightweight skids
sliders... the factory TT ones are decent, but I like the bud builts with a kickout (or similar) quite a bit...
CB radio (rear hinge mounted antenna)

**I already have floods on the bumper and rack wind guard so those are fine... maybe an LED flood for the rear**

I know aluminum gets no love for the front, but I have to save on weight where I can, and I think the protection to weight ratio is respectable....

Your thoughts ..............

My only suggestion is to skip the CB and go with a UHF mobile setup. @emorth is our radio/comms guru and there are several threads in our forum discussing this topic.
We also have the capability, as a club, to give the HAM technician and general tests.
Something to think about.

Terrific! I have my HAM technician license. For several years, but have not done much with it the last few. Anyway, I'm definitely open to suggestions on equipment etc... I'll check out the threads.... many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom