My new truck. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ed44ec9d.jpg

5.7L V8, 6-speed auto, 2wd. This truck scoots on down the road.

Eventually that is in the plans just not now. The wife saw the price on the TRD SC on eBay and laughed if that tells you anything.

I can't imagine what kind of power it would have with the SC. It has more than ample power for normal driving as is.

Eventually that is in the plans just not now. The wife saw the price on the TRD SC on eBay and laughed if that tells you anything.

I can't imagine what kind of power it would have with the SC. It has more than ample power for normal driving as is.

505HP AND 550TQ with the charger. Claimed anyway. I have a feeling they sandbagged the stock hp number with some of the 1/4 mile times people are getting.

Edit: MUD price on the charger would be about $5600. What a bargain!

505HP AND 550TQ with the charger. Claimed anyway. I have a feeling they sandbagged the stock hp number with some of the 1/4 mile times people are getting.

Edit: MUD price on the charger would be about $5600. What a bargain!

Not that I will have any chance to put my hands on one .. but ..

the SC kit include some sort of fuel management, extra injectors .?

sorry for the hijack ..

Not that I will have any chance to put my hands on one .. but ..

the SC kit include some sort of fuel management, extra injectors .?

sorry for the hijack ..

ECU reprogram is part of the install and has to be done with a TechStream (Toyota's scan tool/laptop.) It basically just changes all the timing and such. All the factory parts are well capable of producing enough without needing replacement.

I have an 07 and love it. congrats on the purchase

I like it, especially because you got a real colour, and not the shades of grey everyone seems to buy these days. Cops are gonna love that red, though.

Yeah the color paired with the rarity of the sport package and the 5.7L sold me on it.

It was about $5k under book and had less than 30k miles.

The end deal maker was the 20mpg. Better than the 12mpg the 80 gets so I figured in the mileage I was going to be driving and it was actually going to save over half the truck payment closer to 2/3s in fuel costs.

Yeah the color paired with the rarity of the sport package and the 5.7L sold me on it.

It was about $5k under book and had less than 30k miles.

The end deal maker was the 20mpg. Better than the 12mpg the 80 gets so I figured in the mileage I was going to be driving and it was actually going to save over half the truck payment closer to 2/3s in fuel costs.

I have been getting about 21 on the highway which is very impressive for such a big truck. Stop and go in the city... that's a different story. It really depends on the way you drive. If you floor it every time you take off from a stop you can virtually watch the gas guage go down. If you are able to keep your foot out of it (sometimes a little difficult with 381hp 401tq on tap) you'll do fine. I usually get a solid 16-16.5 average mpg. I really like the sport package trucks. The only reason I didn't get one is because we're about to be +1 little :princess:. Not much room for a car seat in a reg cab with bucket seats. I do plan to order a black painted grille from a sport truck for mine at some point. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom