My FZJ 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the casters did not go as planned. I managed to screw one up bad enough that I will not show pictures. the new one is on order so maybe this weekend I can post some pictures of them being pressed in. Needless to say a misareable weekend due to my mess up.

The casters are in and I have taken the crusier on the first high speed run (70mph) this when I went to work. It drove very nice and I'm now happy that it is done. Next is to pull it all back apart and grind and paint the axles and frame. The suspension is stiffer, but I will be sure to get some poser shots when I'm finished.

I was actually able to get off work early today, and was able to firm weld the budget sliders for the 80. I hope that I can get them welded on tomorrow. I'll post more pics if I do. :cheers:
Camarea 516.jpg
Camarea 513.jpg

sliders look real good, just have something goofy looking in the rear window.

New Pics

Finally had time to get the Herculiner on this past weekend and then also started to install my inverter. Still need to get the final wiring done before we go to Tennesse. The last picture doesn't really show good detail but thats what I have. :cheers:
DSC00594.jpg
DSC00595.jpg

how steve.........how much was the herc kit and how much did you have to buy/

If you dont mind me asking?

Looks like you did a fine job:cheers:

I think that it was 70 or 80 bucks and it included everything but rubber gloves and acetone. I only used about half a gallon to do the truck and can now do the bed of the LC if there is such a thing. The kit comes with a gallon and was plenty.
Most of my time was spent measuring my lines and trying to make it look right. I put the Herc liner on as low as possible to let it grow on me and if I want to go higher then I have resereves.

The pictures do not do it justice. It went on easy and well, as long as you follow the directions.

Just a side note, I sanded all the clear coat off the area that I was going to paint and scuffed it pretty well so the Herc would adhere. I taped my lines and then sanded and then retaped.

awesome............thanks for the heads up
I think that it was 70 or 80 bucks and it included everything but rubber gloves and acetone. I only used about half a gallon to do the truck and can now do the bed of the LC if there is such a thing. The kit comes with a gallon and was plenty.
Most of my time was spent measuring my lines and trying to make it look right. I put the Herc liner on as low as possible to let it grow on me and if I want to go higher then I have resereves.

The pictures do not do it justice. It went on easy and well, as long as you follow the directions.

Just a side note, I sanded all the clear coat off the area that I was going to paint and scuffed it pretty well so the Herc would adhere. I taped my lines and then sanded and then retaped.

looks real tough there Steveo!!! Post some pics of the trials this coming weekend in Tenn.

How many times did you apply the herculiner? From the moment that you painted to taking off the tapes how much time passed?

I only applied two coats with about a half hour in between. Then I only waited an additonal 10 min. before removing the tape. You do not want to wait until it dries or you could run the risk of pulling the liner off before it cures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom