My front bumper is finaly DONE!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After getting the winch mounted a few weeks ago, I got it all painted this weekend and got it all finished up today after classes.

winch done 1.jpg

winch done 2.jpg
winch done 1.jpg
winch done 2.jpg

And I'll jump on it first and say that I like it. Any plan to add hoops?

I'm diggin the lights, great job. :D

Thanks guys for all the comments.

umpqua: No I am not planning on doing any hoops.

LoneRanger: Yup built it all myself.

Looks good, what are the specs, what type of steel etc.

That looks great. What lights did you use?

To answer the questions...

i used 2x6 inch rectangle tube, the wall thickness IICR is 3/16. THe mounts going through are 4x1/2 inch strap.

The lights are some cheap 4 inch lights that I found at auto zone. Nothing expensive at all.

Sweet! Nice job. :cheers:

Clean design, looks good on there.

Looks great. I'm building a similar design for my pig, also with the winch mounted low between the frame rails. I going to mount the solenoids under hood to give it an even cleaner look.

Looks great. I'm building a similar design for my pig, also with the winch mounted low between the frame rails. I going to mount the solenoids under hood to give it an even cleaner look.

Yeah I thought about mounting it somewhere else just didnt. Eventually I might just so that it will look cleaner up there.

Very nice! You must be a very talented welder.

I guess so. That is all I went to class for the first year of college. I better be able to weld for all the money I spent.

looks awesome!
Might I ask...
what did you set the winch on? What is it attached to?
Is the back side of the bumper open?
I really like it. Nice , simple and functional!
Have you used the winch yet?
I was looking at those winches, and the solenoid is what worried me. From the sales pics, it looked to be mounted on a chincy rod, but I hadnt realized that you could mount it else where.
Is that the M8 warn?

Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom