My FJ70 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got lazy and booked it in at ARB, so it will be OME stuff, 2'' higher than standard. I'm getting the lot done, springs, shocks, shackles, bushes, U-bolts, steering damper.

Fingers crossed, it will look OK. I believe it has sagged about 2''..... I measured from the center of the axle to the bottom of the guard and the average was about 600mm.

After which I have to decide what tyres to get.......

Cheers Brad.

Its quite likely it has sagged 2 inches,mine had
I found the easiest way to measure was from the centre of the headlights before and after and somewhere on the tail lights.
Easy to check for sag after you have them on

Whats the eta on some pics of the new sprung shorty mate

It is in the shop tomorrow, should have it back by Wednesday!! Will post pics.

Cheers Brad.

Now with lift!!

OK, So I have been a little slack, but here are a couple of pics:

I have gained about 4'' over what it was, goes to show how sagged the old stuff was:( This OME kit is specified as a 2'' lift. Drives so much better now. I also got some 33 x 12.5 x 15 Maxxis Buckshot's and new white sunraysier's but it got too dark to take a decent pic last night. Pics to follow;)

The Buckshot will really make a difference.;)
How does the ride feel?

Is that the LPG filler hole below the fuel door? On my Commodore they squeezed the LPG filler in with the petrol filler.

Looking great so far mate

looking good for the height mate
what happened to the bridgestone desert duelers from the top photos

Well here is the pic. The Duellers in the first pic I borrowed for its first outing.... The Gas filler is in a stupid spot, it collects mud....

It looks like I'm going to have to extend the rear brake line, it's just not long enough for my liking. Also, it shat the fuel pump this week, well it is leaking out of the body of the pump so I ordered a new one. Not that it is a problem, I can run it on gas for now.

The new tyres are awesome on the road, which is all I've had a chance to drive on.

So I have a few things to fix up before I head out into the mud:)

Cheers Brad.

Sweeettt
How wide are the rims mate looks like a nice offset

Btw just incase you were like me, on the topic of your fuel pump mate when my 3f one craked and leaked oil out i replaced it but there was ment to be a hardened plastic like spacer/washer that go's were red on the pic
but my new pump/box never had it in it when i replaced the pump tightening it up towrds the end it got hard/tighter but me learning by my own fault mistakes i had crushed and bent the bit that sits on the cam lobe so i showed my dad he had a laugh he said about the spacer, so new pump and spacer in box this time all sweet
3f pump.JPG
pump_spacer.jpg

It looks like I'm going to have to extend the rear brake line, it's just not long enough for my liking. Also, it shat the fuel pump this week, well it is leaking out of the body of the pump so I ordered a new one. Not that it is a problem, I can run it on gas for now.

Cheers Brad.

How much is a new fuel pump these days? I have one that has only done 20000klms before the 3F got retired,

So, I recieved the new fuel pump today and it's wrong, grr. Was only $35 though. I cross refferenced the part number on the EPC and everything.... The pump pictured is the one I need. Thanks for the tips!

The rims are 15 x 8 and ET23 offset. They fit really well, although I may need some small flares later on to keep it 'legal'.

Hulsty, it seems to work OK on petrol with the mechanical pump. One thing I don't like is there is just a valve in between the carby and the pump that turns off fuel when running on gas. Possibly causing strain on the pump when it's switched off? The car is definatly tuned to run on gas, the timing is a little out when I run it on petrol, causing all sorts or wonderful backfiring!!

So another setback, but it'll get there.

Cheers Brad.:cheers:

Hulsty, it seems to work OK on petrol with the mechanical pump. One thing I don't like is there is just a valve in between the carby and the pump that turns off fuel when running on gas. Possibly causing strain on the pump when it's switched off? The car is definatly tuned to run on gas, the timing is a little out when I run it on petrol, causing all sorts or wonderful backfiring!!

So another setback, but it'll get there.

Cheers Brad.:cheers:

Ahh so thats how they do it. Having the valve between the pump and carby means the pump is always pumping fuel, simply just returning it to tank via the pressure relief. No good if it runs dry on fuel, could wear out the pump faster too.

Thats why the gas people say you should always have 1/4 of a tank of petrol as min in your ride if its on lpg ,most new gas conversions have a little sticker for you dash as a reminder

Nice evolution, FJ 70

OK, time for an update. Went for a play the other weekend. Met some mates in Timboon and went from there. It was a nice day weather wise, but it has been wet and the tracks were quite chopped up. The car went well, until the alternator shat itself, but luckily it happened a few houses from where I was staying! Pics to follow.

Cheers Brad.

Looks great with the new boots mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom