My build thread of the lowest mileage LX for sale in the country. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice job on the wheels and tires - I think it was a good call to pass on that first set as there is no way they were as pristine as these!

I saw you ordered the slee spacers - you'll love them.

Not sure what your plans were but I THINK (not 100% sure) that your set up will rub at stock height.

Were you planning to run the Slee override or just slide your height sensors to the highest position?

First off. I like your build thread. Very well thought out. I went from a modifed e92 M3 to a LC due to needing a reliable vehicle to start my marriage and business with. LC/LX fit the bill.

Second, your freaking wheels are so shiney.... I wish mine weren't so old and dull. Cant wait to see them mounted.

As for the sliders... I really like every option slider. But the Slee is going to get my money when the time comes because I have a dog. I keep thinking what would happen to my poor pooch if she slipped her foot between the bars and fell out of the truck. Ew... just the thought of it makes my eyes water. Slee has no such issues. They have a plate over the top and you can slip and get stuck. Just a thought. Kid friendly future or dog friendly present. I think it's important to consider things outside ourselves and our wives.

Thanks for some 3rd party perspective. Was your E92 supercharged? I had a peach M5 and that was going to be the next step for me. As I looked towards the future the durability and reliability of the 100 sold me. I need to be able to focus on my job and not worry if I'm going to throw a rod bearing haha. I've spent a couple hours looking at the slider options and am still leaning towards the metaltech. From the aesthetics to the performance they seem to be my choice. From a safety pov covering the rear kickout with ABS plastic (as some members have) is an option for when kids/dogs get here. In the meantime definitely going to need some griptape so I don't smash my face.

For sliders I went with bump it off-road step sliders. I love them.

Thanks for you input, I might give these a second look.

Nice job on the wheels and tires - I think it was a good call to pass on that first set as there is no way they were as pristine as these!

I saw you ordered the slee spacers - you'll love them.

Not sure what your plans were but I THINK (not 100% sure) that your set up will rub at stock height.

Were you planning to run the Slee override or just slide your height sensors to the highest position?

Correct me if I'm wrong but even 33's should fit w/o rubbing on normal AHC settings. Take a look here

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/largest-tires-with-ach-slee-override-diff-drop.764656/

While the override might be in my future, I'm not planning on another suspension setup for a while. I really like AHC and would probably wait till it blows up before fitting an Icon setup or something similar. At 53k miles I should have some time to save up haha.

You are probably right. I guess I just haven't seen any RW on a non lifted 100. My concern is with offset, not tire height. The RW is +50et (stock is +60) then your throwing 1.25" of slee muscle stance at them.

To be on the safe side I would do the following:

(And these are JUST suggestions - things I learned along the way)

Call ahead to the shop that's going to install yours spacers. Both the lexus and Toyota dealerships and 2 independent tire stores declined to install them. (That's what led me to OK4WD)

Tell the shop that the spacers with "teeth" are for the front.

On the day of install bring the following in case of rubbing:

-10mm wrench to adjust height sensors (there are 3 -would take 5 mins)

Or

-a box cutter (hopefully the shop has something better like a heat gun) to trim/manipulate your pinch weld plastic fender (5 mins also)

I really hope I don't sound pessimistic - or like I'm telling you what to do.. That is not my intention. But It would suck to be excited about your new setup and then something minor prevent you from driving them home.

And if nothing rubs, then awesome! you drive away with a sweet set of sneaks on the LX.

GL can't wait for the pics.

Last edited:
@JZelnick I have same rims and tire size with 1" spacers. No rubbing at stock height. Front is 20.5" hub center to fender for reference. I imagine you'll be good to go in normal and high.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440304569.737782.jpg

@JZelnick I have same rims and tire size with 1" spacers. No rubbing at stock height. Front is 20.5" hub center to fender for reference. I imagine you'll be good to go in normal and high.
View attachment 1123783

Geez .. I really love that cruiser all white.

At 20.5" ? Did you crank your front torsion bars to level it out?

Good input, and even better with a pic!

Last edited:
Thanks. Front bumper had some scratches when I bought it so away with the two tone. I like the all white too. Wasn't fair it was only on the LX's

20.5 - yes stock torsion bar adjustment and 30 mm spring spacers in the back, rear is 21.5 Then alignment.

Thanks for some 3rd party perspective. Was your E92 supercharged? I had a peach M5 and that was going to be the next step for me. As I looked towards the future the durability and reliability of the 100 sold me. I need to be able to focus on my job and not worry if I'm going to throw a rod bearing haha. I've spent a couple hours looking at the slider options and am still leaning towards the metaltech. From the aesthetics to the performance they seem to be my choice. From a safety pov covering the rear kickout with ABS plastic (as some members have) is an option for when kids/dogs get here. In the meantime definitely going to need some griptape so I don't smash my face.

No supercharger. I did have KW Clubsports, Solid Aluminum bushings in the rear diff and Delrin bushing for the tranny. Amazingly tight with those mods. Also had Akra Evo exhaust. ESS Engine & Tranny Tune. MS Stage 2 Intake and Pulleys. Recaro Pole Position leather seats. Bmw Performance CF mirror caps and V2 Electrionic Steering wheel. I used to run it at the track and I would keep up or overtake many E92M with SuperChargers. Less power, I could hold the turns without kicking the tail out hard. A factory e92m with a good drive would be faster than me with my mods. So there was room to grow into all I did. But! With my dad selling the business I built for him. It screwed me over and I needed something with no potential issues. It hurt real bad selling the M. But one day. When my new business is going well. I will get another M car. Until then. I'll sit pretty right where I'm at. Working hard and playing with the LX.

image.jpg

As for 33inch on RW. That's what I ran. Just use a heat gun to fit the part of the fender liner that rubs right over the pinch weld. I might still have Slee's AHC lock switch. If I can find it. I'll send it to you for free. I had slee tear out my AHC and went with OME kit.

No supercharger. I did have KW Clubsports, Solid Aluminum bushings in the rear diff and Delrin bushing for the tranny. Amazingly tight with those mods. Also had Akra Evo exhaust. ESS Engine & Tranny Tune. MS Stage 2 Intake and Pulleys. Recaro Pole Position leather seats. Bmw Performance CF mirror caps and V2 Electrionic Steering wheel. I used to run it at the track and I would keep up or overtake many E92M with SuperChargers. Less power, I could hold the turns without kicking the tail out hard. A factory e92m with a good drive would be faster than me with my mods. So there was room to grow into all I did. But! With my dad selling the business I built for him. It screwed me over and I needed something with no potential issues. It hurt real bad selling the M. But one day. When my new business is going well. I will get another M car. Until then. I'll sit pretty right where I'm at. Working hard and playing with the LX.

As for 33inch on RW. That's what I ran. Just use a heat gun to fit the part of the fender liner that rubs right over the pinch weld. I might still have Slee's AHC lock switch. If I can find it. I'll send it to you for free. I had slee tear out my AHC and went with OME kit.

Sorry to hear that about the business, if you don't mind me asking what kind of business was it?

As for the M3 that sounds like a wicked setup, did you need a mortgage for those clubsports? lol I had Bilstein PSS9s and Eibach Sways on mine and it drove like it was on rails. I just went to Bimmerfest East in my LX and my heart felt very heavy. As much as I love BMW, the newer ones just don't do it for me so I probably wouldn't buy another one. Porsche has always been my calling since a young age so that will definitely be the next step. The LX will be much easier on the wallet so I'll be able to put away some money for it :)

I'd really appreciate the override if you still have it. I'll PM you my address and send you the cost of shipping via paypal, Thanks!

Sorry to hear that about the business, if you don't mind me asking what kind of business was it?

As for the M3 that sounds like a wicked setup, did you need a mortgage for those clubsports? lol I had Bilstein PSS9s and Eibach Sways on mine and it drove like it was on rails. I just went to Bimmerfest East in my LX and my heart felt very heavy. As much as I love BMW, the newer ones just don't do it for me so I probably wouldn't buy another one. Porsche has always been my calling since a young age so that will definitely be the next step. The LX will be much easier on the wallet so I'll be able to put away some money for it :)

I'd really appreciate the override if you still have it. I'll PM you my address and send you the cost of shipping via paypal, Thanks!

I just moved so give me a week or so to find the override.

The Akra Evo exhaust was $5k brand new.... The suspension was only $3300. Haha.... I worked my butt off but I also enjoyed myself.

I dropped out of premed to help my dad start a CNC machine business. I was his only programmer for 8 years and ran 4 CNC machines on my own during that time. I made him rich and never put my ownership on paper. One day he gets tired of the business. Says he's the only one working ( he ran two small manuals , one at a time ) and sells out for millions. I lost everything I worked for. So I sold my Bimmers. Put a ring on my now wife. And put whatever money I'd saved up for a house toward a single CNC lathe. Market sucks real bad. But I've been blessed with enough work to survive so far. That black steady rest that's holding up the part cost me $12k cash.
Takes money to make it. And right now, I'm not making much.
image.jpg

Wow that betrayal hurts more then any amount of money. Money comes and goes but family doing that to family I can not imagine the hurt. Good luck

I just went to Bimmerfest East in my LX and my heart felt very heavy. As much as I love BMW, the newer ones just don't do it for me so I probably wouldn't buy another one. Porsche has always been my calling since a young age so that will definitely be the next step.
Ha, no kidding. I was there in my 750. Hot day. Agreed, a Panamara 4S is on deck when I dump the 750.

OP, No sign of the Override..... I still got a few more boxes to go through though.

Wow that betrayal hurts more then any amount of money. Money comes and goes but family doing that to family I can not imagine the hurt. Good luck

I couldn't agree more. But my dad did what was right for him. I came to see in the middle of all the pain and chaos.... He was limiting me to growing that company even more. He didnt and doesnt have the kind of vision I've got. So ultimately.... it hurt... but it set me free. I've forgiven him and moved on with life. I see him very regularly and he has a sense of pride about me that he never did before.... no matter how many hours I worked or how much money I made him. He's happy.... I'm happy. He's not there to hold me back. Now if this freaking economy can come back a bit... I'll grow more than he did in half the time. I know it!

Also, if there are any parts to be made in the LC 100 industry.... I'd love to help invent and machine the best of things. My first project is some new Icon style rear lower control arms. Only beefier and longer for the LC100 / 200 applications.

Ha, no kidding. I was there in my 750. Hot day. Agreed, a Panamara 4S is on deck when I dump the 750.

I've gone the last 4 years now, its always stupid hot. If they were smart they'd regulate it a bit more and bring it inside a convention center, like Wekfest.

Panamera is very nice, GTS or Turbo would be my choice. Pick it up used and have somebody else take care of the depreciation. My goals in the next 5 years are 997.2 Turbo and a house :)

OP, No sign of the Override..... I still got a few more boxes to go through though.

I couldn't agree more. But my dad did what was right for him. I came to see in the middle of all the pain and chaos.... He was limiting me to growing that company even more. He didnt and doesnt have the kind of vision I've got. So ultimately.... it hurt... but it set me free. I've forgiven him and moved on with life. I see him very regularly and he has a sense of pride about me that he never did before.... no matter how many hours I worked or how much money I made him. He's happy.... I'm happy. He's not there to hold me back. Now if this freaking economy can come back a bit... I'll grow more than he did in half the time. I know it!

Also, if there are any parts to be made in the LC 100 industry.... I'd love to help invent and machine the best of things. My first project is some new Icon style rear lower control arms. Only beefier and longer for the LC100 / 200 applications.

No worries on the override. I wasn't planning on it, hopefully it turns up but if not no biggie. Sending you a PM.

Little update: I got my auto locks all setup to the correct settings and took off the running boards Sunday evening.

download_20150824_211922.jpg

I also have quite a few little goodies in the mail. The wheel setup is going to end up costing me more than I initially planned, but I want to do everything the RIGHT way.

Spidertrax 1.25" spacers Front and Rear
Slee Speedometer Correction Kit
TRD Wheel Locks and Nuts
Spare TRD Rock Warrior
Nitto Terra Grappler

Door Lock Actuator Motor - My drivers door lock isn't working and 99% sure this is it.
Subwoofer Repair Kit - Found a kit online specific to the LX's Mark Levinson system and mine definitely needs it.

Also went out and got a quote for getting my front windows redone to match the rest of the windows. The PO used 50% tint and I'd like to go a little darker so it matches. Also considering doing 70% on the windshield but I need to do more research. If anyone has done the windshield before I'd appreciate your input.

Also went out and got a quote for getting my front windows redone to match the rest of the windows. The PO used 50% tint and I'd like to go a little darker so it matches. Also considering doing 70% on the windshield but I need to do more research. If anyone has done the windshield before I'd appreciate your input.

My tint guy did 50% on my windshield and u can barely tell but I can tell a difference here in FL and it looks great IMO.
Btw , did u find those TRD wheels and tires in Tampa?

I also did 50% on windshield and a 5% strip up top. Going back I would not get teh 5% stripe on top. I love the 50% tint, No one notices unless I tell them. Warning when you drive a car without sunglasses or tinted windshield you will wish you were back in your 100.

It will take a little getting used to but after a few days you will love it. When I picked mine up from the Tint guy it was raining and dark out with crappy wipers so not the best first experience.

"Door Lock Actuator Motor - My drivers door lock isn't working and 99% sure this is it.
Subwoofer Repair Kit - Found a kit online specific to the LX's Mark Levinson system and mine definitely needs it."

I did both of these jobs over the weekend. I can 100% guarantee you that the actuator motor is the fix. The job is a little frustrating at times, but pretty straight forward. Feel free to reach out for advice as this job is fresh on my mind and I can give you a heads up regarding some things to look out for. The stereo job was straight forward and after applying Elmer's glue around the speaker surround (where the cone was coming apart), it sounds like new again. Good luck with both jobs, and make sure you have a beer readily available as it makes the tough moments more tolerable. :beer:

My tint guy did 50% on my windshield and u can barely tell but I can tell a difference here in FL and it looks great IMO.
Btw , did u find those TRD wheels and tires in Tampa?

Thanks, I'm probably going to go for it. Probably with 70% film though as police in some NJ towns suck. The only thing that has me hung up is the inspection sticker. I read somewhere that you could use as static cling film, and swap them out easily. How is yours done?

Wheels are from Tampa, the tires are brand spankin new with the colored lines still on em. Wheels are in good shape as you can see. Very happy with the purchase. Even got reasonable shipping though Shipnex.com $150 to NJ.

I also did 50% on windshield and a 5% strip up top. Going back I would not get teh 5% stripe on top. I love the 50% tint, No one notices unless I tell them. Warning when you drive a car without sunglasses or tinted windshield you will wish you were back in your 100.

It will take a little getting used to but after a few days you will love it. When I picked mine up from the Tint guy it was raining and dark out with crappy wipers so not the best first experience.

Thanks for your input. Like I posted above, I will probably go with 70% just with a high heat resistance. The only thing that has me hung up is the inspection sticker. I read somewhere that you could use as static cling film, and swap them out easily. How is yours done?

"Door Lock Actuator Motor - My drivers door lock isn't working and 99% sure this is it.
Subwoofer Repair Kit - Found a kit online specific to the LX's Mark Levinson system and mine definitely needs it."

I did both of these jobs over the weekend. I can 100% guarantee you that the actuator motor is the fix. The job is a little frustrating at times, but pretty straight forward. Feel free to reach out for advice as this job is fresh on my mind and I can give you a heads up regarding some things to look out for. The stereo job was straight forward and after applying Elmer's glue around the speaker surround (where the cone was coming apart), it sounds like new again. Good luck with both jobs, and make sure you have a beer readily available as it makes the tough moments more tolerable. :beer:

Definitely will keep you in mind. For the Sub I actually got a kit. It includes a specialty glue and a correct sized foam surround. Both of these tiny fixes will be noticed every time I'm in the car. Having to manually lock my drivers door and listening to a blown out sub has gotten old fast haha.

I'll try to find some write ups or videos, if I'm in the dark I'll definitely reach out!

Thanks

Looking sweet. You have a nice ride there. Let me know if you find any good wheeling spots around. We used to go out to assupink when I was growing up but things have changed and they have shut most of the areas down. Picture below is about as extreme as it gets out there now (lol). Good luck in your business pursuits. In case you don't know who this is it's Doug from the toyota dealership. See I told you I check out this forum. ;)

1440646839161.jpg

Little update.

Dropped my 100 off with TTO5 (Doug) at my local Toyota dealer and got some work done. The bearings were repacked, front brake pads and rotors, Slee stainless steel lines, brake fluid flush, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers and wheels installed.

Brakes are much more responsive now and pedal feel is improved. I highly recommend upgrading to SS lines when doing your next brake flush.

It rides even better than stock which is great, although very very rarely there is some rubbing. Nothing major, but I'd like to sort it out.

Finally beginning its transformation from Mall Cruiser to Land Cruiser.

IMG_20150905_150824.jpg

Today I'll be tackling some small stuff. First replacing the door actuator motor and repairing the ML subwoofer. Also in the process of finding an OEM-like install location for my scangauge. Thinking of the sunglasses holder on the ceiling, angled so that it is readable. A little dremeling and should come out nicely. If you have another suggestion that looks factory, please chime in.

As you add armor...keep it white!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom