My 87 4runner "build" plus some Landcruiser stuff from work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Turns out I registered here way back when I had a basket case fj40. Been a member for over 10years with only a couple posts!!
Picked this up from my boss about a year ago:

1010181245.jpg

A basket case. 1987 4runner 22re. Upper intake was off. No engine harness or computer installed. Three engine harness and two computers in the back along with most of the sensors for the engine. Looks like someone did a head gasket job and couldn't get it to run.

I picked the correct harness and computer. Repaired the injector grounds in harness and taped up the cracked intake air tube and got it to run.

Ran good for a few weeks and then started to smoke on decel. Pulled head and found broken valve guide and recent head rebuild and timing chain replacement.

Replaced the one valve guide lapped the valve and reinstalled the head with new gaskets. Passed CA smog with a new cat.
This was about a year ago.
Currently looks like this:
0118201337.jpg

Taken yesterday. 1/18/2020 The above photo is my 4runner, coworkers mini truck, coworkers fj40 and my boss has the 80 series.

0118201631.jpg

Most recent "mod" TEQ oil cap!!

Sorry for the bad Cell pics. Upgrading camera soon!

Over the last year I have removed the Smitty Built nerf bars and black wheels.
It Currently has 80 series wheels with worn out 265/70r16 Cooper AT3's. It is all stock except for the Smitty Built Bumpers, and a welded rear diff. Don't recommend this. My rear diff failed at 354,000 and all I could get in short order was the welded one. I have an open diff to swap in at some point.
Currently at 365,000 miles. I commute 90 miles a day over a mountain most days with it.
Plans are to keep it mostly stock for mild wheeling and car camping.
I work at a shop that does a lot work on a lot of Landcruisers.
I learned to drive in an fj40 with 3 on the tree on my families ranch in the early 90's

0111201157.jpg

Taken last saturday. Three 80's in the shop.

0111200913a.jpg

Also last Saturday. Rebuilt 2f for a customer fj40. My phone really has a bad camera

I'd like to keep this thread mostly about my 4runner. In the past I have owned 1985 4runner, 1986 4wd pick up and this 87 4runner.

Any interest in other Toyota Pics from work?

Where Should I post them?

I’m putting money on Mudrak...

I don't work for Mudrak. Small shop in St Helena. OK Tire. Mostly tire and automotive under car.

This photo is about 10 years ago in front of the shop. My 85 4runner, boss Fjcruiser and customer's 40s 55 60 and fj45 on the trailer

PICT0440.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom