My 80 was wreck yesterday on 25 south of Greenwood. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Man!!! I'm glad you are OK!!! I've seen some 80 wreck pics on MUD before and the 80's always seem to hold up well!

And after looking at your pics your 80 ripped that little car a new one.

Not that I would be a ton of help but I'm happy to help look the 80 over with you either before or after you take the salvage offer.

Maybe with the f'd up 'Cash for Clunkers' over salvage prices will be lower - that could help you out.

:eek::eek::eek:

Man!!! I'm glad you are OK!!! I've seen some 80 wreck pics on MUD before and the 80's always seem to hold up well!

And after looking at your pics your 80 ripped that little car a new one.

Not that I would be a ton of help but I'm happy to help look the 80 over with you either before or after you take the salvage offer.

Maybe with the f'd up 'Cash for Clunkers' over salvage prices will be lower - that could help you out.

:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for your offer. I might take you up on that. I am antsy to get the sheet metal off and see what we are dealing with. I hope she'll ride again.

No problem - we can strip the front end down and see what we ar eworking with.

Do you have a good work area?

Yes, I have a big driveway area and a complete garage shop with air tools, BFH's, jacks and everything you would need.

I should hear back from insurance by the end of the week. I'll have to make a decision based on the two offers they will give me.

Some guy on the MUD thread thinks there is no way the front end of the fame isn't bent. He might be right. Insurance told me I could take off my upgraded parts if I accepted full value for it, as long as I replaced them with the stock parts. I have the stock suspension and most of the other stock items. I wonder how much time they would give me to convert it back to stock so they could take it. If I could convert it back to stock and get a reasonable payment, I might just find another 80 and start over.

Yes, I have a big driveway area and a complete garage shop with air tools, BFH's, jacks and everything you would need.

I should hear back from insurance by the end of the week. I'll have to make a decision based on the two offers they will give me.

Some guy on the MUD thread thinks there is no way the front end of the fame isn't bent. He might be right. Insurance told me I could take off my upgraded parts if I accepted full value for it, as long as I replaced them with the stock parts. I have the stock suspension and most of the other stock items. I wonder how much time they would give me to convert it back to stock so they could take it. If I could convert it back to stock and get a reasonable payment, I might just find another 80 and start over.

Full value probably won't be much - but if you can pull off all your upgraded parts that would be sweet - bumpers, sliders, etc...

Many BFHs will be needed.

I would definitely take a close look at the frame.

Sorry to hear about that man, Let us know how it turns out.

Damn the Buick was toast. I can't believe that the 80 didn't sustain more motor damage. It looks like the engine bay should have been crushed. It was a good looking 80. Glad you are alright. Now find another one and you will have plenty spare parts to use. If it was my 40 I do believe that I would be brought to tears. :crybaby:

And my teenager said, "no daddy, I don't want to drive that, it's too big".

Glad you weren't driving one of those Prius or smart cars! :)

Emergency HAMOM?
b

BTW J-Bo I suggest you post a link to this on the Upstate board. Not all of that crowd troll the low-life board. I meant low country.
I think.
b

You had it right the first time......

BTW J-Bo I suggest you post a link to this on the Upstate board. Not all of that crowd troll the low-life board. I meant low country.
I think.
b

It is on the Upstate board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom