My 40 stuck in reverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parked my 40 last night. Stuck in reverse. When I engage clutch and try to reverse it stalls and won't move. Could the transmission be stuck because it was so cold last night? Any thoughts would be great.

E brake?

Linkage is frozen.

Did you get it moving? Would it drive forward at all?

The shifter is stuck in reverse? Or u can move the shifter but wont change gears?

The shifter is stuck in reverse? Or u can move the shifter but wont change gears?
Nope shifter won't move at all starts push clutch in fine let out and nothing stalls because it's still gear

What about if u put tcase in neutral?

Pull boot and see what is jamming it up.

Pull the shifter out. Sounds like when you shifted into reverse you slipped the gate. After you pull the shifter out, to get it back in neutral all the notches should be lined up left to right. Then drop the shifter back in.

Pull the shifter out. Sounds like when you shifted into reverse you slipped the gate. After you pull the shifter out, to get it back in neutral all the notches should be lined up left to right. Then drop the shifter back in.
Do I take the inspection cover off the top of the tranny to do this ?

I had the same problem in cold weather and my 4 speed had more water than oil and it would freeze.

Do I take the inspection cover off the top of the tranny to do this ?
No just take out the shifter, if it is that problem it's in the top plate itself.

Or it could just be frozen of there's water in it. Takes more than a few days above freezing to thaw....check the oil?

No just take out the shifter, if it is that problem it's in the top plate itself.

Or it could just be frozen of there's water in it. Takes more than a few days above freezing to thaw....check the oil?
Getting a heater today and going to put it under the tranny

Good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom