My 40 stuck in reverse (1 Viewer)

Parked my 40 last night. Stuck in reverse. When I engage clutch and try to reverse it stalls and won't move. Could the transmission be stuck because it was so cold last night? Any thoughts would be great.

The shifter is stuck in reverse? Or u can move the shifter but wont change gears?
Nope shifter won't move at all starts push clutch in fine let out and nothing stalls because it's still gear

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Pull the shifter out. Sounds like when you shifted into reverse you slipped the gate. After you pull the shifter out, to get it back in neutral all the notches should be lined up left to right. Then drop the shifter back in.

Pull the shifter out. Sounds like when you shifted into reverse you slipped the gate. After you pull the shifter out, to get it back in neutral all the notches should be lined up left to right. Then drop the shifter back in.
Do I take the inspection cover off the top of the tranny to do this ?

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Do I take the inspection cover off the top of the tranny to do this ?
No just take out the shifter, if it is that problem it's in the top plate itself.

Or it could just be frozen of there's water in it. Takes more than a few days above freezing to thaw....check the oil?

No just take out the shifter, if it is that problem it's in the top plate itself.

Or it could just be frozen of there's water in it. Takes more than a few days above freezing to thaw....check the oil?
Getting a heater today and going to put it under the tranny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom