My 2003 100 needs a new battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm on borrowed time with my battery, and as the demo drops I want to order a new one.

Buying an Interstate will be my best option. I can get a slight break in price, and if I ever have a warranty issue, it's easy.

So, three options that I've scoped out:

MTZ-34R 800 CCA, 125 R.C. $240

MTX-24F 710 CCA, 120 R.C. $185

MTP-27F 710 CCAm. 165 R.C. $135

MTZ and MTX are dry batteries. The warranties also get better with the top priced batteries. 48 month free replacement on the MTZ.

I normally source OEM parts looking to save every dollar. This is one thing that I'm not concerned with price. I drive all over New England and Eastern Canada in the winter.

Any recommendations or recommendations? Thanks!!

Check your Toyota dealer, I bought the MTP-27F with a toyota sticker on it for 99 a few years ago. My local Costco sells their Interstate MTP-27F for under 100 also.

I'm on borrowed time with my battery, and as the demo drops I want to order a new one.

Buying an Interstate will be my best option. I can get a slight break in price, and if I ever have a warranty issue, it's easy.

So, three options that I've scoped out:

MTZ-34R 800 CCA, 125 R.C. $240

MTX-24F 710 CCA, 120 R.C. $185

MTP-27F 710 CCAm. 165 R.C. $135

MTZ and MTX are dry batteries. The warranties also get better with the top priced batteries. 48 month free replacement on the MTZ.

I normally source OEM parts looking to save every dollar. This is one thing that I'm not concerned with price. I drive all over New England and Eastern Canada in the winter.

Any recommendations or recommendations? Thanks!!
Can’t go wrong with Interstate. I have that as my aux, and an Optima yellow top for my primary.

Interstate and Costco.

Win win warrantys and customer service plus return without question if you get a dud and 7 days open.

My 1999 Interstate has gone 4 years without issue.

The Lexus LX470 OEM Panasonic was crap.

Am also needing a battery. Called my local Costco and they told me they don’t carry the 27f here in GA. Gonna call up another Costco in the area and verify. Else will be going with stock Toyota battery.

Am also needing a battery. Called my local Costco and they told me they don’t carry the 27f here in GA. Gonna call up another Costco in the area and verify. Else will be going with stock Toyota battery.

check on the group size. My 2000 land cruiser calls for the 24F which is their most common.

Edit: checked on the 03’ and it does call for the 27f. You can thank the Navi for that one...

our 200 series LX calls for the 27f and that was availablein a Costco slightly further away than our local one. The local one was able to tell me which site had it. Either way, can’t beat $93 w a 36 month warranty .

5B246DF7-C2B7-48C3-95C3-EA7235D8ADB0.png

Last edited:
I just picked up a 24f at Costco for $89 I think. It's for my 05, so hopefully it does ok. I didn't realize they didn't carry 27f and I had already drug my 3 kids and a nasty battery in there so I just went with the 24f.

I just looked at the Duracell batteries sold at Sam's Club. their 27f battery has a higher CCA and CA and they have it in stock locally (here in GA) according to their website. may go that route.

I had good results with walmart maxx everstart batteries. All Ive had lasted easy 5 years. Buy if the battery is made under license by Johnson control. I bougjt a toyota battery and in 46th month it went bad. I jad no receipt so cannot get the warranty. Walmart on the otherhand will pull the code on the battery and check the purchaser and date.
My cruiser and 4R both runs on 24F batteries. Cold weather hot weather.... it works
Avoid auto parts store cheap brands. Those lasts max 18 months

Bosch 27F has been good to me since i bought it a year ago. Good warranty and inexpensive (I think it was like $110 or so).

I got mine at an Interstate Battery store, check to see if those are local to you if having problems finding the battery you want. Find a Location | Interstate Batteries
Sorry for all these posts but if your gonna buy it at a Interstate store/warehouse, I think you can buy a blemished battery for cheap with a shorter warranty.

Interesting....

Something must have changed over the years. The OEM Panasonic batteries used to be the best available (at least the ones that came over from Japan in the new cars).

Interstate 27f from Costco was $102.78 out the door. They did not keep it in stock but could order it in so I ordered it over the phone. It took about 2 weeks and I just picked it up 2 nights ago. Best CCA and RC for the money.

Interstate and Costco.

Win win warrantys and customer service plus return without question if you get a dud and 7 days open.

My 1999 Interstate has gone 4 years without issue.

On every Toyota/ Lexus forum i've ever been on. The OEM Japanese Panasonic battery is legendary. Congratulations, for cutting your own path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom