My 1946 Bantam T3C Trailer Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some updates on the trailer. I decided I just didn't like the battery setup. It was functional but I wanted some more control on how I can customize my battery setup. I decided to build one of these ammo can bug out battery boxes everyone makes on youtube. Did mine a little different than what I have seen elsewhere. Same basic arrangement as before with an ammo can on its side and mounted to the trailer, but I instead removed the solar generator I had in there before, and filled the ammo can with my own wiring and a custom switch/plug panel. I built the box to allow for charging via AC shore power, via solar, and via the tow vehicle 12V lead in the 7-way trailer harness. The box outputs 12v power via cig plug, USB, two DC jacks, and also has a built in inverter for 150W of AC power. The box also has switches for powering on board lighting on the trailer from the batteries in the box. An electrical engineer I am not. Overall it turned out pretty nice and everything seems to work:

thumbnail_IMG_8644.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8639.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8641.jpg

I had originally put a 7-way trailer plug on the trailer when I first restored it years ago, but only ran the wiring for a 4-way light setup. I liked the way the 7-way plug connected to its socket, but only needed the 4-way wiring run back to trailer lights. Trailer just had stop, tail, turn lighting on it so just needed the 4-way wiring to run that. To get power to the battery box through the hitch plug for charging batteries while the trailer is towed, I needed to re-run the wiring with a full 7-way wiring harness.

I also added a water tank out of a 7-gallon portable camp jug I had. Ran some hose along underneath the trailer and added a spigot on the side of the trailer. Now I can get running water right from the side of the trailer.

Now just need some time to go use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom