My 07 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone! New to the GX470 family. Just bought my 07 GX470 and couldn't be more excited to start making some mods and get it out on the Colorado trails in my backyard!! She's an '07 non-nav (non ML) with 130k miles and great service records. Colorado car with no rust. Running brand new Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17s on powdercoated Lexus rims. Needs some TLC on the leather and interior, new front struts, and a t-belt, but otherwise in great condition. Planning on eventually upgrading the stereo system and making the air suspension conversion. Otherwise just planning on fully enjoying this amazing rig!
GX470.jpeg
2019-09-05_12-47-09_106.jpeg
2019-09-05_12-29-22_918.jpeg

Belated congrats! Beautiful truck. How are you liking those duratracs? Do you find they stick out past the fender flares?

Thanks. I'm loving the duratracs. Had a few times to test them now on snow and ice and they have performed beautifully.

Nice job on the wheels...good contrast with the white paint

I was just thinking the same thing. That's a sharp setup for sure.
Thanks guys! I’ve always loved the look of black wheels under a white rig. I pulled the running boards and think it looks even better - not to mention the added clearance.

21A3A96A-37D6-4458-8600-89B043A703F5.jpeg

Not sure if you like them or not but lacquer thinner will remove those pin stripes without damaging the paint.
Thank you ArBrnSnpr! I don’t like the pinstripes at all and didn’t know I could take them off without taking the paint with it. I known what I’ll be working on this weekend;)

No worries.
Just use a microfiber cloth and a circular motion and keep rubbing. It will take a bit to start taking it off. The whole job took me about 6 hours but it was 100% worth the effort.

Another tip - when it starts taking longer to remove, switch spots on the cloth. It seemed to come off faster when the cloth was clean.

No worries.
Just use a microfiber cloth and a circular motion and keep rubbing. It will take a bit to start taking it off. The whole job took me about 6 hours but it was 100% worth the effort.

Another tip - when it starts taking longer to remove, switch spots on the cloth. It seemed to come off faster when the cloth was clean.
Great suggestions. Gunna give it a try this weekend. Will update post with how it goes.

If the stripes are vinyl decals this rubber eraser wheel for a drill will work the best although you have to make sure to keep moving since the paint will get really hot quickly if you keep it in one place too long. Then you can finish with a cloth and your remover of choice

Amazon product ASIN B018WG2XYE
This thing seriously works and takes stickers and old 3M foam tape off like its nothing

Those wheels are great but every Lexus Ive ever seen with pun stripes had been painted on.
ok, I feel like this is a super dumb question, but how can I tell if the pin stripes are paint or a decal? I've really never looked at the pin stripes that closely...

Run your thumb nail over it. If you feel a defined edge, it's a decal. If it feels like a smooth bump, or isn't noticeable, it's paint.

A third and worst case scenario is a car that's had accident repair and has new paint. They will often clearcoat over decals or factory pinstripes. Those are never coming off without having to strip and spray new clear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom