MX+ OBD2 Scanner and OBDLink App; OBD TORQUE APP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Recently purchased the MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth scanner. Attempted to use it with the Torque app - seems to be a problem with that. Then downloaded the free OBDLink App. The OBDLink app "works" but I am thus far unable to get any reading beyond the most basic, such as engine temp, rpms, speed, etc. No Tranny temp which is one of my main goals. I have contacted "support" for the app but haven't heard back yet. Curious if anyone on this forum has used this combination and has advice.

Also, it seems that the Torque app plays a little trick on customers. You pay $4.00 or $5.00 for the download but it seems they won't let you use the app unless you first give it a rating of 5 stars. Lots of negative comments on reviews due to this. I couldn't get Torque to work and concluded that it might be that I refused to give 5 stars due to their deceptive practice.

I use Torque Lite from the google store. The cheap Bluetooth dongle I have doesn’t connect with my iPhone. I started using a large chinese android phone I sucker purchased for Amazon music, stored music, and now this app. Lite doesn’t show tranny temps either but it shows a lot more than I thought it would.

I use Torque Lite from the google store. The cheap Bluetooth dongle I have doesn’t connect with my iPhone. I started using a large chinese android phone I sucker purchased for Amazon music, stored music, and now this app. Lite doesn’t show tranny temps either but it shows a lot more than I thought it would.

Thanks for the feedback. I may just return the MX+ and buy a scan gauge. Something about having an annoying ancient green display with archaic screen technology I find almost insulting for the price....but maybe that is just me. I also think the bluetooth options might make it easier to know what you are looking at and monitor the data - but that only works if you can get the data on your monitor. I did get some feedback from the App developer, so in the next few days I'll see if that solves the problem. If not, the MX+ will be history and I'll get the scan gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom