Moving to WV--tell me about the modified sticker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may be moving to Martinsburg and was looking over the Mountaineer Cruiser area. The WV modified sticker seems a bit confusing. In plain language, what does this mean for a FZJ 80 with a 2.5" lift, 285/75-16 tires, ARB Front Bumper, 4x4 Labs rear bumper and no mud flaps?

The upper flat portion of the ARB bumper appears to be 30 inches up, the lowest part 25 inches. The measurement are approximate--there is about 6" of snow on the ground and it is -2 degrees.

Thanks for any help and suggestions on where to go to get an inspection. Also, does anyone know of a mechanic in the area?

Richard

I would say with 2.5" of lift you should be fine just tell them its stock.

yea you might get away with out the modified sticker, if you do need it it just means you pay more for the inspection.

I would try to get a regular inspection first, because there arent many places that do the modified inspection. Welcome To WV! Can't wait to go wheeling, I havent been out since fall.

out of curiosity why are you choosing Martinsburg?

There is a job offer and there not many jobs out there. :D

It seems like a decent place and it is not too far from DC. I worked for a couple of months on the other side of the state in Charleston and enjoyed it. Do many mudders live in the Martinsburg area?

i would look at Inwood, or Hedgesville!

i grew up in Martinsburg, and it has turned into a s*** hole town.

i live outside of Charles Town now, so not to far from there.

i would look at Inwood, or Hedgesville!

i grew up in Martinsburg, and it has turned into a s*** hole town.

i live outside of Charles Town now, so not to far from there.

I could be 30 or so minutes away so Inwood or Hedgesville would be good. Was thinking south (Inwood) or east( your neck of the woods) of Martinsburg might be better for me.

Is there any public transportation to Dulles from Martinsburg or a relatively cheap way of doing it? I may drive a LC to Martinsburg then fly back to to get more. :D

no i do not think there is any public transportation to Dulles. and i hope you know someone to leave your lc with, i would not just leave it, granted the crack heads in Martinsburg probably would not know what it is worth but that is still taking a hell of a chance.

My guess would be about February 23rd. Look for housing, leave about the 28th. Return in about a week, hoping that I have found a place to rent. :D

Thanks! I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom