Moving to TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!

It is looking more and more like an Oregon-TN move in Sept/Oct this year. Depends on how quick we can sell the house.

Most likely in SW Tennessee, wife's parents live in Saulsbury and she wants to be close to them. Anyone know about Bolivar or Ripley?

Thanks!

Scott

Not sure what size town you are coming from out west or how long you've been in Oregon, but be prepared for a bit of a culture shock. West Tennessee is very rural. Lots of farming over there. There is a small group of guys in Memphis. @FJ60Cam might be able to offer some insight.

I am originally from west TN and still have a lot of family over there, but dont know much about that southern part of the region. Also not sure what you or you wifes professions are, but Jackson or Memphis are probably going to be the main hubs for most professional type jobs. If your wife is from there, she probably knows the lay of the land.

Thanks @jynx for the reply. I hear you on the culture shock, but we live pretty rural here in OR. I am pretty flexible on areas, but need to be within about an hour or so of Saulsbury.

Luckily for us, I will keep my current job working remote for a company here in Portland.

I am on the other side of the State is Bristol. I lived in PDX for a time. I hope you like Miller products. :lol:

Lol. Gross. We are also looking at Tellico Plains area....think that is more our style. Any good wheeling out there?

Used to be. That was where the STLCA used to hold GSMTR every year until the Forest Service and the ridiculous bags at TU gave us a good screwing. RadioRidge and DSLTOY could give you some info about what is there now. You realize that is over 6 hours the other way from Saulsbury right?

Knoxville and Windrock park are much closer then. Also back towards Chattanooga is "The Cove" and south into GA is Blairsville and some trails there.

Yeah we know its a haul. Still a lot closer than Oregon :)

How is the camping/overlanding? I also saw Tellico is the end of a cross country 4x4 trail to Oregon!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom