Moving to Portland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like were moving to portland after all. I know this sub is kind of quiet but hoping to meet some of you folks and maybe pick your brain on some good "overland" or whatever type trails to hit up. Need to find a house and everything but looking forward to moving back!

Welcome back! I’m looking to take my 60 on some easy trails to make sure it’s in good condition for a few real trips this year. Hit me up when you’re settled.

are you nuts? moving back to portland! :)

I don't do much wheelin' / overlanding...but certainly could point you at nice remote places.

1st thought is deep southeast oregon / steens mountain loop...gorgeous part of this state...lots of places out there to camp and get lost / away from it all.

feel free to reach out if you need portland city advice/suggestions. I'm in close-in SE portland. been here 20 years...could give you lots of info.

Welcome back! I’m looking to take my 60 on some easy trails to make sure it’s in good condition for a few real trips this year. Hit me up when you’re settled.

Nice! ive been watching a ton of videos on youtube of some guy in a 100 series that does some super easy looking trails up by mt hood and finds some good campsites. My rock crawling days are long behind me and i dont have a crawler truck anymore so its just the overland style stuff for me now hah

are you nuts? moving back to portland! :)

I don't do much wheelin' / overlanding...but certainly could point you at nice remote places.

1st thought is deep southeast oregon / steens mountain loop...gorgeous part of this state...lots of places out there to camp and get lost / away from it all.

feel free to reach out if you need portland city advice/suggestions. I'm in close-in SE portland. been here 20 years...could give you lots of info.

im going to shoot you a pm my wife will be working out in beaverton and i work remote so we are trying to find houses right now. Im somewhat familiar to the area, but ive been gone since like 2000 so im sure a lot has changed since then!

Nice! ive been watching a ton of videos on youtube of some guy in a 100 series that does some super easy looking trails up by mt hood and finds some good campsites. My rock crawling days are long behind me and i dont have a crawler truck anymore so its just the overland style stuff for me now hah
Can you PM me that guy on YouTube? Also, I move to Oregon City a few years ago. It’s pretty nice. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.

Can you PM me that guy on YouTube? Also, I move to Oregon City a few years ago. It’s pretty nice. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.

Thats the guys youtube ive been watching

Sounds like fun to get a group trail ride going or at least a meetup. Finally got mine back together in time for the summer.

You could also check out some of the roads/trails out in Yamhill County such as Elk Flats. I think it has over 100 miles of trails.

I just installed some appropriate tires on my 200 series and I'm itching to do some exploring.

I've bounced around at Brown's Camp a few times, though always seem to have trouble navigating for some reason. Last time up there the kids and I did find a fun trail that had all of us smiling.

Checked out La Dee Flats one time too, but it was too snowy, and my rig was still new to me so I didn't risk it out on any of the proper trails.

I'd be up for a meetup or trail run or whatever really. There are TONS of Land Cruisers running around Portlame/Metro, lets go play with these things!

-Andrew

I recently moved to the area and got a cruiser as well, looking for overland type stuff to do. I'd be down for a meetup (though I'm out of town a lot for work) and any chances to learn, just getting into this space.

I recently moved to the area and got a cruiser as well, looking for overland type stuff to do. I'd be down for a meetup (though I'm out of town a lot for work) and any chances to learn, just getting into this space.
Dude nice, maybe it would be cool to get some meets going. Who is the mod of the club?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom