Mombasa Rooftop Tent (RTT) Long term review ... east coast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well since the thread is back I'll update.

Looks like it's been just over a year since mounting my RTT and I used it about two dozens times last summer alone, and around eight or nine times and counting this year. So far nothing has worn out. No holes or tears in the tent or cover except a few tiny spots where the inside polyurethane lamination peeled off from me stupidly using a sharp ended piece of PVC pipe as a prop to hold the tent slightly open so I could shove more material inside the tent so the cover would go on/zip up more easily. That was before the cover relaxed a bit making that procedure unnecessary. So it was totally my fault and a dumb move. A few postage stamp sized tent patches will more than cover them. I think some material came with the tent so that's covered.

Yeah it's been a lot of fun, very convenient, comfy cozy and an awesome place to catch a cool breeze on a hot day. Though I still use a Caframo fan by the window. And yes, the people walking up with questions is constant.

Hey guys, sorry to resurrect this thread but it's the top of the Google search for "Mombasa rtt cover replacement". The Mombasa cover is discontinued (and pretty crap anyway)

The Tuff Stuff overlanding Ranger/Delta replacement cover fits perfectly and is pretty well constructed.

Reactions: tip
Hey guys, sorry to resurrect this thread but it's the top of the Google search for "Mombasa rtt cover replacement". The Mombasa cover is discontinued (and pretty crap anyway)

The Tuff Stuff overlanding Ranger/Delta replacement cover fits perfectly and is pretty well constructed.
I have a mombasa i still use. Cover is in pretty good shape but glad to see there is a cover out there that fits!

Thanks for posting this! I have an old Mombasa look-a-like (rooftoptents.com?)

I might order this to see if it'll fit.

Thanks for posting this! I have an old Mombasa look-a-like (rooftoptents.com?)

I might order this to see if it'll fit.
if its 48" x 56" (the tuff stuff tent dimension) and uses the cover style that slips into the c channel on the tent frame it probably fits

Reactions: tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom