mogili222's micro build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a micro build thread of our 2003 LX470.

We bought this back in Nov, 2010. This made more sense than the 1999 M3 I was driving then as we were expecting our first child by te end of the year.

Being from Minnesota I wanted to get something that was not from the rust belt and was well maintained. I was lucky to find this in Seattle and was completely dealer maintained with the 90K complete. The LX had 99K when I got it.

This is how we got it. The photograph is after I got it detailed inside and out.

The only problems that I was aware of at that time was that there was a small leak in the front passenger shock. The estimate to replace the front two shocks was around $900 with labor. So I just figured I will replace the whole suspension with OME or Ironman when I get to it.

My plans for the build were really small as it is our daily and only vehicle.

1. Powder coat the wheels gunmetal.
2. Get some bigger tires.
3. Paint the front grill and all the chrome trim black.
4. Replace all the interior lights to LEDs
5. Remove AHC and replace it with OME or Ironman.
6. Remove running boards and get some sliders.

Here are a few pictures after got done with a few on my list.

Stuff Complete:
1. New tires - Nitto Terra Grapplers in 275/70R18
2. Powder coated the wheels - Gunmetal
3. Painted the trim - Duplicolor Black Metallic
4. Nifty Catch-all floor mats
5. Tinted the fronts 35%
6. Installed interior LEDs

img3391.jpg

img3392i.jpg

img3394b.jpg

img3396u.jpg

During Thanksgiving 2011, Metal Tech had a sale on their sliders and the Ironman suspension. So I bought them as I planned to put them on someday.

At the beginning of April this year, I had to go to LA for work. So I drove the LX to Denver, left it at Slee Offroad to have the AHC removed and the Ironman suspension installed. I also had the sliders installed at the same time. Christo has been really great to work with.

So here is the LX in its current configuration. This is how it is going to stay for a long time.

A couple pictures of the sliders.

I could not have been more happy with the Ironman. I was a bit concerned before having it installed as I did read a few comments that this suspension is more geared towards folks with the front and the rear bumpers.

But after having it installed, I love how it rides. Even my wife likes the ride and knowing her, that says a lot about how good the ride is. I want to also thank Brock for answering my questions regarding the suspension.

The only thing I can now see changing is the Nav to non-nav conversion that RobRed is working on.

Last edited:
What size lift did you get?

Looks good, really like the wheels?

Oh, may I ask what you paid for it?

Beautiful rig! Regarding the Dupli-color paint, how did you prep the chrome? Did you have to "roughen up" the surface for better adhesion?

What are your center of hub to fender measurements, front and rear?

Just measured.. Front is 21.25 in. and the rear is 22.75 in.

Beautiful rig! Regarding the Dupli-color paint, how did you prep the chrome? Did you have to "roughen up" the surface for better adhesion?

I did prep the front grill by sanding it up a bit. The rest of the trim, I just cleaned it really well, masked it and painted it.. I did not know about plastidip at that time. That would have been my preference.

After almost a year, I see some minute flaking on the front grill due to all the road debris. I will redo it in plastidip the next time..

Last edited:
Looks incredible, great job

So far I am liking it. Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom