mods so far (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I thought since its been a year iv owned my 61 id do a running tally of what iv done to the old girl

2" shackle lift with shocks
Snorkel
Boost guage
3" straight exhaust
33x12.5 x15 muddies
Egt guage
Engel fridge with slide
Custom rock sliders
Custom top mount intercooler
Custom bonnet scoop
Dual battery kit
Dual battery isolator
Led light bar/lightforce spotties
Tie rod kit
Heavy duty clutch
Alternator
New door seals
New oils throughout diff, gearbox, steering pump
Winch
High lift jack on swing away rear wheel carrier
190ltr long range tank
Front and rear wheel bearings
Swivel hub and rear hub rebuild kits
Im sure theres more iv forgotten

On the list of things to do:
2" spring lift
Front and rear lockers
Rebuild 12ht $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
G turbo
Uhf

ForumRunner_20130803_222006.jpg

ForumRunner_20130803_222006.jpg

One day hopefully.. im from adelaide, the dream is to tackle the old tele track and hit the tip in a 24 year old beast and counting. Old girl just hit 500,000klm ill be happy when a new motor is pushing her along

hey mate, looks mint.

I just got mine rebuilt and it cost me $8000 just running it in now.

hey mate, looks mint.

I just got mine rebuilt and it cost me $8000 just running it in now.

Can u give me a run down of what u had done cus iv been quoted from a few places to get engine fully rebuilt, pump bench tested and was factoring in getting a gturbo and its always coming up around the 9 to10k mark. Cheers

Cheers mate does it go/feel heaps better? Even tho ur still running it in..

yer mate it does, noticeable amount more power and i haven't crank up the boost yet and cant go over 2000 rpm.

Can u give me a run down of what u had done cus iv been quoted from a few places to get engine fully rebuilt, pump bench tested and was factoring in getting a gturbo and its always coming up around the 9 to10k mark. Cheers

I already had a Gturbo so i kept that and i also had just got a new clutch so kept that as well.
Basically my mechanic had a fully rebuilt 12ht already in his shed waiting for his car, then i came along and for 8000 he supplied and installed it but kept my worn out one, using my clutch and Gturbo.

ForumRunner_20130808_071333.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_071411.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_071503.jpg
I have since added a small 8" fan to the underside of the ic. Not sure how much better its made it without a probe on the hot and cold side. To be honest if I had my time again id do a front mount..harder but I think more beneficial

ForumRunner_20130808_071333.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_071411.jpg

ForumRunner_20130808_071503.jpg

I would think to get any benefit of the top mounted intercooler you would want to have a hole in the hood to get cool out side air, fan or not. I would bet you would see an improvement adding a hood scoop of some sort (Hilux,Patrol ect).

Great looking truck.

other than the cramp in my neck ! very nice work, ive looked at that same intercooler on ebay, seems best to do the hood cut and just get it over with! =D

Where did you get the hood scoop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom