Model Number Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the forum, and new to Land Cruisers. I have a 1992 LJ77 with the 2L-T turbo diesel. Somewhere I saw a site that gave the definitions of the letters in the Toyota model number, but now I can't find it. Help? Oh, it is not the VIN - here in Paraguay the vehicles don't carry a VIN ID. What I would like is the interpretation of "LJ77LV-MNX". Thanks, Steve in Paraguay

stevehaines said:
I'm new to the forum, and new to Land Cruisers. I have a 1992 LJ77 with the 2L-T turbo diesel. Somewhere I saw a site that gave the definitions of the letters in the Toyota model number, but now I can't find it. Help? Oh, it is not the VIN - here in Paraguay the vehicles don't carry a VIN ID. What I would like is the interpretation of "LJ77LV-MNX". Thanks, Steve in Paraguay

This is what you want;)
http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/14-00.html

How about some pics/story of your vehicle in readers rides?:D

That's it! Thanks Rosco. The only part that didn't fit is the "N" in LJ77LV-MNX. Supposedly that means a "lift-up rear door" . . . but mine is the normal 2 door swing-out (ambulance doors).

I just got back from a harrowing 80 km run on our typical dirt roads in a driving thunderstorm . . . I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

stevehaines said:
That's it! Thanks Rosco. The only part that didn't fit is the "N" in LJ77LV-MNX. Supposedly that means a "lift-up rear door" . . . but mine is the normal 2 door swing-out (ambulance doors).

I just got back from a harrowing 80 km run on our typical dirt roads in a driving thunderstorm . . . I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

Hi Steve ,mine also has the amby doors and a MNQ designation but its possible they have skipped a box as this model has no swing out door in the option list
It could be for LX which is a medium trim level in the next box.

Rosco is right, in the pre-2000 70 series the second letter in the group after the hyphen refers to trim level. R - standard, N - LX, V - EX, etc. (The first letter refers to the transmission type)

In the post-2000 70 series Toyota added two additional letters at the beginning of the group after the hyphen to designate the body type, RJ - hard top, TJ - pick up/cab chassis, FJ - FRP top, KJ - soft top.

Where you got confused, stevehaines, is that the FAQ on birfield is heavily based on North American models and unfortunately the 80 series body-naming convention ("GN" - wagon with swing open doors and "GC" - wagon with barn doors) was generalized to other model lines.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yeah, that all makes sense. The beast is geared a little lower than my Brazilian built Chevy S-10 4-door pickup. The Chevy turns around 2200 rpm at 85 km/hr (with the really nice MWM 2.8 turbo diesel) and the LJ77 shows 2350-2400 rpm at the same speed. But the economy has been pretty good: 22-25 mpg, or 10.1-10.5 liters/100 km. The Chevy is exceptional: 30.5 mpg for 230,000 km, or about 7.8 l/100 km. Steve in Paraguay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom