Mobile/Baldwin County (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any 80's in the Mobile/ Baldwin county area that have a lift installed that I could take for a spin. I am about to pull the trigger on a lift and am having a hard time making a decision. I am looking at J's front and Heavies rear, just worried that it will lift it too much and be too stiff. Just have a winch behind the factory bumper for extra weight and the 3rd row jump seats. running 285's.

I dont have an 80, but send me a PM when you get yours finished up and lets go for a ride. Im over in the Fairhope area. My 62 is diggin this cooler weather.

That's a lot of lift for 285's, but I don't think it will be too stiff. there are lots of lifted 80's in Birmingham if you ever make it up here. Are you thinking about bigger tires? If not you might want to look at some lower lifts - 850/860, 851/862 or one of the lower ironman lifts.

Yeah, I was planning on going to 315's when my 285's wear out. I wanted the lower lift but I would wind up sticking a spacer on the 850s to make it more level with 863's. So I might as well get the j's because it would be the same end result with more drop out. I was planning on running L's all around.

You are correct on the springs - I had 863's with 850's and had to add a front spacer. Take some time to read all of the new shock threads in the 80 forum. The L's may be a little short for that lift. I am happy with my pro comp es9000's, but some people seem to think they are too soft. There was a recent thread about monroe's that had most of the links to relevant threads in it. Doetsch seems to be another popular brand recently.

creepin'

Sam, I saw you later yesterday afternoon when heading back to SpanishFort, around the Michigan street exit, you were heading west. Had I not met you earlier, I woulda freaked had I seen this lifted rig hauling down the interstate.

photo.jpg

Gotta see it!

For sure, I was wondering if there were any mud members in the area.

Bamachem lives down that way. I bought my 100 from him.

He's got a nice V8 4runner now

s***ty iPhone creeper pic just a few posts up...

Straight up gonna snap a photo of the battleship this morning. Get prepared for witty photo for facebook, get the lined battle ship in site... then BAM, Sam gets in my shot! How awesome was this!

540070_10151236812692421_2092343964_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom