Moab Lions Back is closed (?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
Did anybody else read in thier 4x4 magazines that the portion of MOAB that included the Lions Back is now private property and closed off. The article said that there were some big rocks parked at the bottom to avoid anyone trying to go up it.

I hope WOB can snopes this.

Always has been private property. the new owners just want to develop and not deal with the potential liability of someone driving off the edge..

>the new owners just want to develop

sweet. the californication of utah continues.

one love
jah bill

I was down there the first of the month. It is closed. Apparently they are building condos right there? There will still be a right of way for Hells Revenge to exit, so I suppose that is cool. There are PLENTY of other obstacles in Moab that offer better views than that. It was exhilarating, but if you never did it, you will be fine...

I think they blocked it a couple months or so ago. They're going to bulldoze the shacks at the bottom and then develop it.

I thought the actual Lions Back rock was on BLM land but that all the land in front of it was private. So, you were paying whatever fee it was to cross the private land to get to the BLM land.

Yep, I spoke yesterday with Breakall and Dump Bump is closed. He thought Potato Salad hill will be next:mad:

Peter, the dyno-tuned Vortec is running great!! We found and solved a number of fuel issues and the peel-out factor is now greatly improved with close to 300 hp. We are leaving day after tomorrow for Farmington. Will wheel there for 3 days and drive back to Moab on Sunday. See you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom