Mini-Split Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 05.33.08 PM Sep.25.21.png

I'm looking at a mini-split for the woodworking shop. A neighbor does HVAC work and is recommending a Friedrich Floating Air Select Series 12K BTU setup. I can do the legwork (mounting the units, providing power, and putting in a chase for him) and he'll do the hookups, charge the system, and such.

Researching it a bit online and I find that they're based in Texas, but they moved manufacturing to Mexico. As with anything, reviews are mixed and I'm seeing a lot of reviews with problems. However, I realize that someone with problems is much more likely to write about it than someone who can only say "Installed it. Works exactly as it should."

Any experience, opinions, or better recommendations?

No experience yet but we are going to do mini splits in our new home and shop. Some of the brands the mechanical engineer recommended were Fujitsu and Mitsubishi. He said LG can be good but he has seen some quality issues with them recently.

It looks like they have become more efficient overall in the last 5-10 years and now work well even with temps in the low teens. Before you had to run a heat strip to pre heat the air in those temps. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit on cooling if sized properly.

I am seeing a lot more of these systems in new construction in place of traditional central HVAC.

Thanks for the info. I'm fairly familiar with the technology, but am unfamiliar with Friedrich. I'm more familiar with LG, Daikin, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, and Fujitsu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom