milwaukee 12v cordless tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These things any good? My 18v hitachis are nice but the charger sucks and I want something light; pockethole screws, and general around the house. I have the hitachi 18v and a dewalt corded for other crap.

So are they decent or just more chinese crap made a kid that eats boogers during his 30 second lunch break?

Just bought a M12 impact driver and drill combo. They seem pretty decent for the size and weight but I haven't used them much to report on battery life. I like them enough to add more M12 bare tools to the set. Especially since there are some specialty plumbing tools that I could use

My Hilti 14.4V are still my favorite hands down. Over five years on original batteries and just now had to send the impact off for a rebuild after serious and almost daily use and abuse.

A few years ago I got the 18V Milwaukee ($800) combo set and have been less than impressed.

The sawsall stopped working after about a year of light duty. The deck adjuster on the circuler saw broke very soon after I got it. The 1/2" drill is good but has a lot of play. And both batteries are shot. It's $120 each to replace them. I got one of them rebuilt for $70. On the bright side (get it) the flash light is good.

When I next buy a cordless drill for home projects I will buy one of those cheap chinese ones for $30.

I have a 14V dewalt that has enough power for almost all the things I do and it is 12 years old. A much better tool that the Milwaukee.

I have always bought Milwaukee power tools probably because my uncle always used them in his building business.

I bought a 12V cordless set, lasted 3 years maybe.
I bought an 18V cordless hammer drill. Batteries leaked in six months, had to return them under warranty. The next set lasted a few years maybe.

Insted of buying $150 worth of bats i went and bought a new Dewalt 18V LI set.

Wasn't impressed by the Milwaukee cordless stuff at all.
But i do like that tool they make at home depot that is a camera for looking in a wall or engine. :hillbilly:

The guys at work replace their drill/drivers fairly often, they get used pretty hard doing lots of high-torque/low-speed things like tapping holes. They have a mix of brands, right now Milwaukee is the preferred brand. They weren't that great a few years ago, but the current version has been excellent, nice features and hold up well. Something about a brushless motor that works better. I just walked out and talked to a couple guys with year-old Milwaukees, they are impressed so far, would buy another. I saw a new Milwaukee come in yesterday someone ordered, looked the same. I need to replace my Bosch, not thrilled about spending the money, but the time is coming and it'll be a Milwaukee.

Was going to order through Amazon since I have a 2K gift card but CPO had this on sale for $119 with an impact driver, charger and two batts. Too gad to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom