Miller-Lockwood Run - 7/27/2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Miller-Lockwood is back on the calendar for Saturday, July 27, as a day run; with a camp-over Saturday night option for those inclined to do so.

We will start with the Lockwood Creek Trail. TrailsOffRoad rates this as "Moderate" trail (rated 3-4), suitable for stock 4WD's with good ground clearance & good tires. It's a 5-mile trail that should take about 3 hours. It then connects with the Miller Jeep Trail.

The Miller Jeep Trail is rated slightly harder at "Moderate-Difficult" (3-5). Any rigs that found Lockwood as challenging as they'd like to do with their vehicle build level & driving skills, could return through Lockwood and call it a day. Those who'd like to continue Miller can do so. There is camping along & at the end of Miller, with dirt roads back to the highway. Again, this can be a day trip for those that want to hit the highway after running both trails; or an overnight for others. Please check the club website (SoCal TLCA | Southern California Toyota Land Cruiser Enthusiasts), and/or this forum, and or this forum for updates.

Let's meet at the Flying J Travel Center near Frazier Park. It’s right off I-5, at 42810 Frazier Mountain Road, Lebec, CA. We’ll meet at 8:30 AM, and then head over to the trailhead. See you then!

Hey all - I've gotten a few email responses, so I think there are 5 or 6 of us going on this run. I'm not sure if more will show up at Flying J, or not. In any event, it looks like we have room for a few more rigs, if any of you are still thinking about it... Feel free to post a reply on this page, if you'd like to add yourself to the group.

I had an emailed question about caravanning from OC - I'll be leaving early to pick up my son Danny in La Canada, so I won't be able to caravan. I'm planning to get to the Flying J at about 7:30 for breakfast. I'll either see you on the road, or at the rest stop!

@DirtyRice Joe thanks for leading a fun run! My run photos are here:

Lockwood Creek - Miller Jeep Trail

DSC_0958.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom