Military Michelin XZL, 9.00R16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

clarification..

RavenTai-

Soo..if I send you the $100 deposit, is there still room in the first batch/shipment?

I'm pretty sure I wanna run these tires for strictly off road. They seem to be the standard land rover expedition tire. Any idea on tread life/wear expectations? Off road performance? Do they just look cool, or are they great tires as well? Anyone on the 80's list running these?
My 80 is my DD, and I use 285 BFG AT's everyday. I just did rubicon, and did pretty good with my current setup (J's, castor plates, 285's) but it would be nice to have a more aggressive tread, and a bigger tire in general.

I really like the "pizza cutter" / old land rover/ safari look, it would just be really nice if they worked great, too.

cool,

seth

:cheers:

sethro said:
RavenTai-

Soo..if I send you the $100 deposit, is there still room in the first batch/shipment?

I'm pretty sure I wanna run these tires for strictly off road. They seem to be the standard land rover expedition tire. Any idea on tread life/wear expectations? Off road performance? Do they just look cool, or are they great tires as well? Anyone on the 80's list running these?
My 80 is my DD, and I use 285 BFG AT's everyday. I just did rubicon, and did pretty good with my current setup (J's, castor plates, 285's) but it would be nice to have a more aggressive tread, and a bigger tire in general.

I really like the "pizza cutter" / old land rover/ safari look, it would just be really nice if they worked great, too.

cool,

seth

:cheers:

no one has sent a deposit yet so you would get the first set that comes in,

I have not personally run these tires, but from what I have read they are a meduim tread life tire, maybe 40K, if you run them strictly off road then they shoudl last for many years, They do very well off road with a good aggressive tread pattern, and are very sturdy resisting damage,

Sethro, I've run these on my 80. Some pics are in my rotw thread.

The compound is a bit softer than the BFG MT's but the tread depth is greater. Still I'd say that on the street you would only expect 20-25K miles of useful tread. Strictly off road, gravel and low speed street use and you'd likely see more though.

Very good off road performance except the very thick and stiff sidewalls. This can be a benefit or a downside depending on your use. They just don't flex all over rocks when taken down to low psi but you also don't need to worry about sidewalls punctures. They track very well in mud and snow, alot like the skinny super swampers I've run.

I got my first set in about the condition these are - ~75% tread and the tire shop was very impressed by how well they balanced. The new set I got blew them away. The most any tire needed was 4 oz - not trivial in a tire this size. They seem to be very true and round from the factory, more or less their tightest quality control product by what I was told.

BTW, none of the RR boys here in SoCal could run the big 9.0's :D I was trying to sell mine locally and they all had some "envy issues" as the 7.5 was as big as they could go. Lots of them started considering getting out the sawzall for some "fitment" mods :grinpimp:

RT - definitely see if you can get a line on the 325/85R16's. These are the "perfect" size - a bit wider and very sweet.

sethro said:

Clownmidget, Thanks again for sharing your experience with these, I will keep an eye out for other sizes, were those 38's ever used by the military? or was that size just retail?

Got it, first set has your name on it :cheers:

I have a feeling that if you were able to get the 8.25 R16 size, your phone would never stop ringing.

Those are some serious unobtanium, from what I've gathered.

If I had the fundage for some 4.88s, I'd be all over these 9's.

Hello all,

well it appears our supplier has flaked on us, I am not sure when or if these will come in. I have refunded Kens deposit.

If you are still interested in pursuing these contact info@urbanlandcruisers.com

I am sorry I got ahead of myself.

Thank you for your time
Raven Smith

sorry no, I have heard no more about these,

old thread bump. Who knows where I can find these? I really want a set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom