mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Threads
So I sold my work van to the tiny Dutchman ( gave him too good a deal probably) and figured I'd drive the 81 around for a bit until I decide what to do... I have not been keeping track for a loooong time what it burns but what I'm seeing appears pretty good...

Seems I go about 568 km indicated and still no orange light. Remember this is on 35" KO2s and speedo is un corrected. The warning light does work as if I push it a bit further it will illuminate. At this point it is about an 82 litre fill up at Point Roberts. so If I add 8% for the distance travelled due to speedo error does this mean Im getting more than 20mpg? This seems pretty good for around town? Steiger? Bueller? Thoughts?

Sounds more or less correct. I've just started to once again record mileage on my phone app, but not enough data yet to be useful. I think I'm only getting high 400's per tank, but that's a lot of short trips as I'm daily driving it once again for 8km each way to work. Pretty sure I could do with some injector work, one day.
It sure seems to get better mileage then the Lancer Ralliart we picked up for my daughter. I drove that for about a month, thinking that the 2.4 litre 4 cylinder in would be better on fuel, but it's pretty horrible averaging 13l/100. Fun to drive though!

So I sold my work van to the tiny Dutchman ( gave him too good a deal probably) and figured I'd drive the 81 around for a bit until I decide what to do... I have not been keeping track for a loooong time what it burns but what I'm seeing appears pretty good...

Seems I go about 568 km indicated and still no orange light. Remember this is on 35" KO2s and speedo is un corrected. The warning light does work as if I push it a bit further it will illuminate. At this point it is about an 82 litre fill up at Point Roberts. so If I add 8% for the distance travelled due to speedo error does this mean Im getting more than 20mpg? This seems pretty good for around town? Steiger? Bueller? Thoughts?

At least I know it was crash tested.

For a rough comparison you can search on Fuelly.com and see what other land cruisers are getting for mileage.

I don't check what my 81 is doing for mileage very often... ok, almost never. But the odd time I do I use the odometer on my garmin gps to get actual mileage numbers. I don't think it's ever done better than 22 mpg.
20+ around town seems really good.

Now I'm curious enough to track the next few tanks...

As above, sounds about right, but I guess it might sound a little "too good" if you are doing just around town driving. Here's mine on fuelly:

1994 Land Cruiser (Toyota Land Cruiser) | Fuelly

Now that I've moved out to the Valley I'm regularly getting over 20 MPG. Before driving Burnaby to YVR I was getting more like 18 MPG. Running 33's without correction to mileage covered.

The rich get richer. I'm not at all jealous that I only get 10mpg, if I'm lucky, because my oil changes are less money :moon:

Don't feel so bad Vanny. I don't know what I'm doing different, but on the limited sampling I have so far I'm getting 17.7 l/100 or 13.3 mpg (mostly all "city" driving, 8km to and from work kinda stuff)

That's 400km (about 1/4 left on the gauge) and of course uncorrected for my tires (315 75r16)

Cruiser (Toyota Land Cruiser) | Fuelly

I had lots of data on one of my old phones, but that was long before Fuelly merged with the Acar app I'm using.

Wonder what these twin 315 hp Yanmar/Toyota FT's get

DSC_3968.jpg

Actually they are pretty economical as boats go. Parts cost the earth though, frikin yanmar..

Just filled up again. 20.8 mpg.

Data from todays trip to Merrit. I tried taking it a little scenic, the plan was to take exit 238 and "parallel" the Coq into Merritt along Juliet creek road, but they had it blocked off from one of the forest fires. I did manage to get off the road less travelled a little farther up and took the Coldwater road into Merritt.
On the way back I went down 5A and turned off onto Kane Valley which tnen deposits you back onto the Coq at Coldwater. Very nice drive, a pile of little lakes along the way. Took about ~45 minutes from the turn off back to the Coq. Then took the old toll booth bypass as it's a fun detour. Lot's of RV's at that Coldwater camp area.

Spot tracking:
SPOT Shared Page

Filled up in Mission in the morning @ 1.299 and again on the way home. Was just above a 1/4 tank.

Averaged 14.5 l/100 (uncorrected for the tires at about 8%)

447km total distance (corrected for 8%) , 60 litres fuel = 13.4l/100

Last edited:
Kane lakes is a nice valley for sure; I've camped at Harman Lake a few times there are also other places along there and X-country ski trail network.

Calculating your mileage is for poor people. I don't look at mine...although my bank account seems to see a big reduction when I go on a long drive. At least I support the Alberta economy. Bring on the pipelines!

Don't feel so bad Vanny. I don't know what I'm doing different, but on the limited sampling I have so far I'm getting 17.7 l/100 or 13.3 mpg (mostly all "city" driving, 8km to and from work kinda stuff)

That's 400km (about 1/4 left on the gauge) and of course uncorrected for my tires (315 75r16)

I had lots of data on one of my old phones, but that was long before Fuelly merged with the Acar app I'm using.

I've determined with 35s and 4:88s that I am going 6% slower than my speedo. I tend to fill the tank a lot. I would guestimate 10mpg but my oil changes cost less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom