mild lift for 34X9.50's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this thread is talking about 33-34s, but I figured this is relevant. I'm moving to 35s this summer, I want narrow as well. I'm considering moving to 17s as much as I love 15s, opens up a range of options. If I wanted to run a narrow 35 in a radial, a Super Swamper SSR 35x10.50 is pretty much my only option and I'm not sure that would hold up on the street.

If I move to 17s a couple of interesting options have popped up. Have you guys seen the 275/80/17 MTR came on the market? Thinking about FJ Cruiser steelies and spacers with the MTRs, or just going with traditional 8" wide 17" steelies with Nitto 35x11.50R17 Trail Grapplers...

Anyway, my point is that if you're going with new rims you might want to think about 17s. You have a lot more options. I've spoken to a lot of wheel and tire manufactures and they're all either not adding to their catalog or simply letting their stock of 15" sizes draw down and won't be reproducing.

Decisions decisions.........Some of the big reasons I went with the 70 are durability, reliability, simplicity. From those standpoints the XZL makes sense. Michelin XZL's new are extremely expensive and quality tire. Cupping, bulging, seperating, and going out of round often happen with cheap brand radial mud tires. I"m guessing that wouldn't be a issue with the XZL's. The idea of extremely durable tires is appealing to me, but that's about feelings. I could see a softer narrow radial tire gripping better on dirt/rock hills. I definately see them being smoother and quieter on the road. ........................Thankyou all for the device.

I know this thread is talking about 33-34s, but I figured this is relevant. I'm moving to 35s this summer, I want narrow as well. I'm considering moving to 17s as much as I love 15s, opens up a range of options. If I wanted to run a narrow 35 in a radial, a Super Swamper SSR 35x10.50 is pretty much my only option and I'm not sure that would hold up on the street.

If I move to 17s a couple of interesting options have popped up. Have you guys seen the 275/80/17 MTR came on the market? Thinking about FJ Cruiser steelies and spacers with the MTRs, or just going with traditional 8" wide 17" steelies with Nitto 35x11.50R17 Trail Grapplers...

Anyway, my point is that if you're going with new rims you might want to think about 17s. You have a lot more options. I've spoken to a lot of wheel and tire manufactures and they're all either not adding to their catalog or simply letting their stock of 15" sizes draw down and won't be reproducing.
I'm going to a local LKQ yard now to see what I can find and for how much. I'm hoping for Spare tires/rims off of tacoma's/tundras for less than $25 if I pull. Also looking for a reclineing bench seat from a tacoma/ranger/s-10 king cab to put in the 70.

We ran XZLs on classic Patrols but mostly because they were the only good tire in a 7.50x16 which was the largest stock tire size on those trucks.

Very heavy duty tire.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom