Might as well do it list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Free time this next week, and ordered a ton of parts for the lx.

Ahc leaving, OME and armor going on.

TT sway bars front and rear. New power steering rack after leak and boot issue.

Had a no limp TB code. Went away. Considering just replacing as this is the second time the codes been thrown. Could be connectors. Could be dead spot. Got my local parts dealer to match Toyota parts online prices from McGeorge so it’s not terrible. $400 for peace of mind. Worth it?

Slight vibration in CV. Have brand new flanges just waiting to eliminate some clunk, and since the lift is going in, should I just pony up for new CV also? 205 on the rig as it stands.

Ball joints to throw in while everything is apart.
wheel bearing service because it needs it. Considered just replacing while I’m in there and keeping spares.

What else would you guys do while you had all that apart? I’ve got some weepage around TC and possibly Trans pan, but no drips and no puddles in the past 5 months or so. Probably degrease everything and figure out exactly where. All fluid level solid. Changing all the fluids while I’m doing the work as well.

Suggestions welcome.

Bushings. All of them.

Search the board. I would say OME is one of the least favored shocks. There are several threads going over pros and cons of each.

Bushings. All of them.

Search the board. I would say OME is one of the least favored shocks. There are several threads going over pros and cons of each.
Yeah. I’m aware on the OME front. Have them on another rig and personally don’t mind the ride. Between ARB, battery tray, sliders, and gear, it’s not noticeable much for me. I’ve ordered radflo from MT, but it’s about 16 weeks out so in they go.

Good point on the bushings. But I’d almost rather drop the coin on new lowers before dealing with that one lol.

Might as welll do it though…

Buying new lowers only saves you from one bushing. You’ll still need to do the rear bushing on the frame.

Buying new lowers only saves you from one bushing. You’ll still need to do the rear bushing on the frame.
Ah heck.

You’re right. Forgot about that one. Was literally just pullling it up on PS and saw that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom