SOLD Middle TN: 2006 Lexus LX470 234K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Black
Asking $16,000 or best offer!

My wife has driven this for the past 6 years. I will also say from the outset that I am a Toyota MDT (Master Diagnostic Technician), and have been a Toyota tech for the past 14 years. Due to this being my wife's daily, anything it has needed, it has been addressed. I am honest to a fault, and have no problem showing you what is what. I do it daily on customer's vehicles, and I will not hesitate to do it on mine. Any questions, please ask. I am asking $16k or best reasonable offer.

All maintenance is up to date. Within the past few years or so I have done the following mechanically:

-OEM Radiator, cap, and coolant Replaced (no leaks, but the upper tank was beginning to show hairline cracks, and I replaced it as PM)
-OEM Alternator and belt replaced (this was just done).
-OEM Heater hose T's and hoses replaced coming out of heater core (beginning to leak)
-Repacked front wheel bearings and adjusted as per FSM. ( LF was beginning to have play in it so I went ahead and repacked both sides)
-Replaced all driveline fluids (front diff, t-case, and rear diff) (PM only)
-Replaced hood shocks and tailgate shocks.
-Oil Changed with Wal-Mart fully synthetic High Mileage 5w30 roughly every 3k miles with OEM Filter. (Due to mostly in-town driving)
-3 TPMS Sensors replaced due to dead batteries in them (all OEM)
-Valve Cover gaskets Replaced
-Spark Plugs Replaced, along with #7 Ignition Coil Pack (Car would randomly have a cylinder 7 misfire history before this, and has not returned since repair).
-Battery Replaced (kiddos have randomly left the dome lights on, killing previous battery)

I am sure there are other little things I have done, and the list will be updated as I remember them or look through my maintenance history.

As for things maintenance-wise upcoming that I have noticed since having it on the lift:

-It will need tires soon. They have probably 4-5/32 left on them. I had planned on buying new tires when our "Buy 3 tires, get 1 for $1" sale comes around again in April.
-The rear main seal appears to be weeping. It does not leave any marks on the ground, but it is noticeably wet on the bellhousing.
I addressed the Valve covers first to rule them out as the possible culprit.
- The RH Axle has started slinging grease from the end of the inner boot, and will most likely require just a new clamp.
- Front brakes are roughly at 5-6mm. I have already bought OEM pads to replace them when the time comes.

Interior is pretty clean for the mileage (and child use...) though there are a few things to note.

-One of the two solar sensors is missing it's red translucent cover (on the LH side). It was missing when I bought it, and hasn't bothered me enough to fix it.
-There was a history of a water leak in the rear that went undetected for a bit due to it being heavy-rainfall-dependent. It ended up being the faux 3rd brake light cover. It was sealed, and it has not leaked since. However, due to the presence of moisture, there has been a few spots on the front seat "legs" that have surface rust, and I can only surmise that this is where it originate from.
-The front driver's seat has a slight wear tear on it from sliding in and out. I put seat covers on the seat very shortly into ownership and I don't believe it has gotten any worse. This is also something I looked at repairing when my beautiful wife wanted it done...lol
-When turning the steering wheel, the spiral cable (clockspring) seems to make a rubbing noise. It has done this since we bought it, and has never given any trouble. But it is noticeable when turning. I thought at first that it was the clamshell making contact with the steering wheel, but there appears to be no points where it is rubbing.

Other interior bits to note:
-There are several indentations on the driver's front door panel that look to possibly have either been made by accidentally closing the seatbelt buckle in the door jamb, OR....who knows. It also appears to have several instances of "jimmying" by a locksmith, as there are a few scratches on the door pillar and or window surround.
- The center console lid latch was repaired using an older Camry latch. It works great, but has the holes I drilled to get to the screws. Plugs can be installed to cover them, but my wife was so ecstatic to have the lid stay closed, I didn't pursue any course of action to address them.
- Weathertech floor liners were installed front and middle rows.
-All switches and buttons work fine.
-Heat and A/C work great. (front and rear)
-DVD changer in console has never been used, but I suspect it works as designed. I can verify upon request.
-3rd Row seats have been used a few times, but due to their cumbersomeness (a word? LOL....) they weren't used much.
-All seatbelts are slow to retract.
-The sunroof was used often by my wife, and works fine.
- All front seat functions (including memory, and heat) work great.
-Rear seat functions work fine (tumble and stow)
-Carpet has some light discoloration in places, from previous owner, but for the most part is still very clean.
-Children were never allowed to eat or drink in the back seat, so spills were non-existent from our ownership.
- Fabric covering speakers appears "picked" due to shoes rubbing when getting in and out (driver's front is worst).
-Audio system has no flaws. Mark Levinson system works great, and I went through last summer ready to repair any speakers that needed refoaming.
Surprisingly, they were all in good shape still. Antenna works fine.
- Headliner is in good shape with no stains I can think of.
- All wood trim is in good shape with no chipping, cracking, or fading. There is one ash tray missing in the RH rear door (missing since purchase).
-And Finally, all door locks and windows operate as designed, and 2 master keys are included.

Body:

This is overall very clean. A good buffing will go a long way. The CarFax is clean on this vehicle. However, it appears that it has had a RF repair at some point. I may be wrong, but there is one mount for the RH headlamp that is broken. And the headlights just look really good for this to be this old. Like I said I may be wrong, but I want to be transparent about what I have seen.
There are multiple light scratches, and a few parking lot dings. The rear bumper has a bit of damage that isn't noticeable unless pointed out. The rear bumper has some sun fade on the corner, and the clear coat is bubbling there. There are a few other small clear coat issues that have been buffed, but have returned in the last few years. I have waxed this about once a year.

Frame:

As you can see in the pictures, the frame is virtually rust-free. I say virtually because there is some rust. But again, it is very clean. I intentionally have not cleaned the undercarriage, because I want the potential new owner to see what they are getting as it is, not shined up, not rubbed down.

Chassis:

There are dry cracks in the bushings, and there is seeping from the front lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends. Everything is still tight, and I see no reason to replace until that changes. I have not done an alignment in a few years, but the tires have worn relatively well. The AHC system works as designed, and has not given any fits.

Powertrain:

The engine has been great. The SAIS was replaced under warranty enhancement prior to me purchasing, and has never malfunctioned. The TB and WP were done prior to me purchasing around 180k(?). After I purchased, I flushed the transmission with WS fluid. There has never been any issues concerning the engine or transmission mechanically. I have checked and greased the driveline components as necessary, and have individually checked U-joints to make sure they were still in good operation. No binding, and good tight feel. Also no clunking. 4LO works fine, as does the CDL. Both are routinely cycled to ensure proper operation and function. There has never been a CEL, and every monitor is complete as it relates to emissions. The muffler is in good shape, and the exhaust manifolds do not tick.

Again. I am open to questions. If you have made it this far, you are my kind of buyer. My only reason for selling is that we have purchased an RX450h, and she prefers it due to the back hatch opening/closing function for school pickup/dropoff.

20230204_171958.jpg

20230204_172014.jpg

20230204_172024.jpg

20230204_172035.jpg

20230204_172337.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised this hasn't sold yet. Bumping the thread and dropping the price again. Asking 16K now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom