Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T opinion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running the Baja Boss A/T on their Cruiser? Opinions?

I'm looking for a deep thread aggressive tire that will work well on ice and snow. These are rated with the 3PMS. I need a true all season tire that not only does well on rocky terrain, deep snow, but also while driving on ice covered roads in the Winter. Puncture resistance is also an important requirement.

They will go on an 80-series that won't see much interstate travel at all, mostly trips into town on County Roads when on pavement.

I'm running the Nokian Outpost AT's on my 200, and so far I like to them a lot, but just have run them the last few months, with no dry rocky off road tests so far. Unfortunately, finding available/in stock tire sizes for the Nokian Outpost AT's is a challenge.

I'll add that I will eventually be looking for similar spec tires with the same requirements for my Tundra. E rating for the load, and maybe better puncture resistance with an E on the 80.

The few personal reviews I've read, some complain about the road noise, and some complain about the weight of the tire.

Thread

Thank you. I did a search, and nothing came up for me.

I have had them on a 100 for a year and a half, awesome in the snow and ice. Still nice and quiet on the highway.

A friend of mine has them on his Cummins, 2nd set as they were replaced due to needing several lbs of weight to balance. The second set is doing the same thing about 15k miles in. I have not had that issue.

It looks like MT is not making these in 315/75/16. Really kind of disapointing. Not sure i want 315 or 285s but i would like the options.

Can’t speak to having them on a Cruiser but I ran them on an LR3 and Colorado Bison and they’re as good as the hype suggests. I’d have them on my 200 now but I needed tires same day and they weren’t in stock anywhere within 8 hours’ drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom