Method 705 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody running the Method 705's yet? New trail series wheel from Method. Curious to see some shots of 17x8.5 35mm offset. Currently running Method NV's 17x8.5 0mm offset but want to reduce my offset closer to 25mm for unnecessary wear & tear. Curious about 35mm offset or wether I should go with the 18x9 25mm offset and buy a new set of tires. Love the look of my 0 offset from the PO so closer to 25 would be great just not sure its worth the extra 2k to buy a new set of tires.

method-mr705-wheel-6lug-matte-black-17x8-5-1000_V2_1000x1000.png

Bump, looks like these are finally back in stock. Anybody running these?

I'm mounting these up to my LX570 in about a week on some 315/70/17. I got the aggressive +0 offsets though, so I may not be much help.

Would love to see some pics when you do! Can't find pictures of them mounted any where besides their marketing photos. Running 0 offset Method Vex on my mildly lifted 2019 w/ 285/70/17. No rubbing issues however getting some torque steer as well as heavy feel to the wheel with the 0 offset. you may not experience torque steer with the larger tire, lmk. Looks like a really nice wheel. Wish it came in 17x8.5 et 25 instead of 35 and I don't want to switch to an 18 x 9. Checked out your signature link, looks like you guys have done some nice builds.

Thanks partner, just got my LX570 back so we'll be working on the rig pretty soon. I am going to experiment with an AHC lift before installing an interim BP51 lift and eventually a Tundra long travel setup on the LX. I'll post up pictures as soon as I get everything mounted.

Would love to see some pics when you do! Can't find pictures of them mounted any where besides their marketing photos. Running 0 offset Method Vex on my mildly lifted 2019 w/ 285/70/17. No rubbing issues however getting some torque steer as well as heavy feel to the wheel with the 0 offset. you may not experience torque steer with the larger tire, lmk. Looks like a really nice wheel. Wish it came in 17x8.5 et 25 instead of 35 and I don't want to switch to an 18 x 9. Checked out your signature link, looks like you guys have done some nice builds.
I was looking for pictures of the 705 fitted as well and found this thread. The +35 is still less offset than OEM geometry would dictate for scrub radius concerns on a 200 series. For a 285/70R17 (the same tire spec'd for the RW wheels, the "ideal" offset is +50). In my mind, the only reason to go wider than that is for looks, and I imagine you'd have to be nitpicking pretty hard to tell the difference between 10mm. I certainly wouldn't buy new tires just to get that 10mm.

I hear you but I'm actually going from 0 to either 25 or 35. Not just switching 10mm. Have 25 on my 100 series and it works great. 10mm is about 4/10" so its losing either .90 inches or 1.4 inches...fairly significant adjustment in stance....and I only one to do it one time and keep it long term.

Update for you - we went to mount the 705s on the LX570 and the bore diameter is too small so it won't fit on the hub. Threw some Icon wheels on for now.

Huh, bummer! Is a really nice wheel. Assuming it will be the same for the 200 and a +35mm offset? Looks like @Ironsides is running them on his 470 build.

Method705.jpeg

Last edited:
Huh, bummer! Is a really nice wheel. Assuming it will be the same for the 200 and a +35mm offset. Looks like @Ironsides is running them on his 470 build.

It was a tight fit but I did paint the hubs in the rear. Still not finished with the front so I can’t speak on that yet. I’ll update the thread when I get them bolted on.

I just checked the specs on my wheels. I am currently running the exact same spec wheels, Method 311 as the 705 in a zero offset on my 2019 200 hundred. 17x8.5 0 offset 110.5 mm hub bore. Icon Rebounds are also 110.10mm. They definitely work on my truck. Slight difference between the 200 & LX?

Last edited:
Talked with Method direct, and they had a bad batch of wheels go out that did not have the hubs bored properly. They're sending me another set soon.

Talked with Method direct, and they had a bad batch of wheels go out that did not have the hubs bored properly. They're sending me another set soon.
Sorry you had to be the guinea pig but glad they sorted it out. I was super confused after looking at the specs. Best wishes with your build!

Bump! Any updates? Would love to see photos of the Method 705 on a 100-series.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom