meter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A multi-meter with an Ohm's setting......You are looking for continuity....or very little resistance to current flow..

You can use an OHM meter if the switch is out of the truck, but you can also use a volt meter if the circuit is hot you may not want to apply voltage to the ohm meter. You can use the volt meter or just a voltage test lamp to see if there is voltage on both terminals of the switch when you turn it on and that the voltage on the load side goes away when you turn it off. The volt meter will tell you if there is a high resistance in the switch because some voltage will drop across the switch so you will see a lower voltage on the load side, probable more than you wanted to know, cheers, Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom