Mess with the bull get the horns... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Art, I enjoyed the article.... ;) You just left out that it took a couple moderately modded FJ Cruisers (with skilled drivers) get to where a stock, street tired, 80 went to get stuck (whilst driven by a rookie). :D:D:D

Yeah, next year I'll bring a bow saw too. We'll not only do it again next year, we'll get stuck, cut down a few trees, free ourselves and bring back the firewood. :grinpimp:

(As a side note, I am continually impressed by the FJ Cruiser.)

Jim

Good point! Well, by next year, you'll have MT tires, OME Suspension Lift, GPS, a Flare Gun, Bow Saw and you 80 drivers will remember that unwritten rule that "Always let the person in front of you complete the obstacle, PRIOR to starting on the obstacle yourself" :D

It's a story I'll never forget! :bounce:

Well, with Tony in front and stuck, I was just trying to get out of the way so that the great white hope (bet you've never been called that before Doc....:hmm:) behind me could get around and thru to help Tony.

Actually Doc, it has much, much less to do with following you than going in front of you... :D

Jim

By the way Art, you're not going to go all "Dukes of Hazzard/Boss Hog" on us with those horns are you???

Well, with Tony in front and stuck, I was just trying to get out of the way so that the great white hope (bet you've never been called that before Doc....:hmm:) behind me could get around and thru to help Tony.

Actually Doc, it has much, much less to do with following you than going in front of you... :D

Jim

By the way Art, you're not going to go all "Dukes of Hazzard/Boss Hog" on us with those horns are you???

I might... :grinpimp: Need to see if Steph will wear some Daisy Dukes and get a white Jeep...I'll keep you posted. :hmm:

LOL, love the horns. A long time ago, I was living in Texas and a friend came to visit from Iowa. He and the GF were driving an Ambassador, I think it was a early 70's model. Kinda like this, only his was a gold color.
AMCDSCF0008.JPG

We got him and GF drunk but they passed out earlier than me and a friend... we wanted to leave him with more than a hangover to remember the trip by, and we had these horns on a wooden base.

Out came the tools and in the middle of the night, right before they were due to leave, we screwed the horns to the hood of his car. :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

he liked it and I don't think he ever took them off. Drove that car for a couple of years around DSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom