Meet up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whats up guys, Atwalz and I are in the Sacramento area if you guys are planning on doing any trail runs. I have a few friends that also go on runs regularly so we could all collaborate and run together if you're interested. Thanks for the shout out @Atwalz

Lots of Land Cruisers in the area and even more trails but we're pretty lame as it relates to group functions. Seems like most of the time guys end up going off with their buddies, myself included. I'm always the only Land Cruiser in our group of mini trucks and 4Runners. If anybody wants to tag along during the summer let me know. Rubicon/Fordyce are the typical stomping grounds although I do want to venture off to some of the other trails I haven't done in a few years like Barrett, Slick Rock, Hell Hole, Snake Lake and Deer Valley now that it's open again.

I’ve been wanting to run snake lake and deer lake, you think it could be done without body damage? I hear running in one direction is a lot easier than the other direction.

I’ve been wanting to run snake lake and deer lake, you think it could be done without body damage? I hear running in one direction is a lot easier than the other direction.

Sorry for the late reply, don't pop in here too often. What are you driving, the 200 in your profile pic?

If so, avoid Deer Valley for sure. I ran it north to south (which is supposed to be the easy direction) and it was a lot tougher than I anticipated. It gets really gnarly as you get closer to the highway 4 side. In a 200 I don't body damage could be avoided and the trail is extremely narrow in between trees. I would expect the lower doors and rear quarters to see some damage.

Same goes for Snake Lake, although I'd say it's a bit easier than Deer Valley. A few years back during the one of the group trips a 100 made it through Snake Lake but did put some nice dents on the lower doors.

The problem isn't the capability of a 100/200, it's just that they're so wide with lots of low-hanging sheet metal.

Thanks Jose, I've seen videos of Jeeps going through those trails and it looks like a tight fit for sure. I'll probably skip it in the 200 lol. I went with a group up to Signal Peak a few weekends ago and we made it almost half way up, but there was too much snow and mud so we had to turn back. Definitely a lot of nature's pinstriping but luckily no body damage. Looking forward to running more trails this summer.

Thanks Jose, I've seen videos of Jeeps going through those trails and it looks like a tight fit for sure. I'll probably skip it in the 200 lol. I went with a group up to Signal Peak a few weekends ago and we made it almost half way up, but there was too much snow and mud so we had to turn back. Definitely a lot of nature's pinstriping but luckily no body damage. Looking forward to running more trails this summer.

Sorry I just realized you said Deer Lake and not Deer Valley. I'm assuming you meant the Deer Lake trail that's up near Snake Lake? If so, that one is a fairly easy trail, perfectly suitable for stock SUVs. You can start further up north on the Gold Valley OHV trail and proceed south (avoid the Snake Lake turnoff) and continue on down to the Deer Lake trail. You can even keep going past Deer Lake to the Sierra Buttes lookout tower and continue on down via dirt roads until you exit at highway 49. Beautiful scenery up there and a great day trip.

Sorry I just realized you said Deer Lake and not Deer Valley. I'm assuming you meant the Deer Lake trail that's up near Snake Lake? If so, that one is a fairly easy trail, perfectly suitable for stock SUVs. You can start further up north on the Gold Valley OHV trail and proceed south (avoid the Snake Lake turnoff) and continue on down to the Deer Lake trail. You can even keep going past Deer Lake to the Sierra Buttes lookout tower and continue on down via dirt roads until you exit at highway 49. Beautiful scenery up there and a great day trip.

All good, yeah, that's the one I was referring to. I love going up to the Sierra Buttes and the scenery is definitely awesome up there. If you guys ever want to run that trail, I'm down!

Hey guys, new to the area and would love to meet some local mudders and hit some scenic trail runs.

Have you thought about joining the Rubithon?

There's also this event: Gold Lake 2018

Have you thought about joining the Rubithon?

There's also this event: Gold Lake 2018

Rubithon is a bit crowded for me but may run it with a friend in late june with a friend from south. The Gold lake run looks awesome and might have to plan for it. Thanks for the link!

Would love to find something close by just to do quick half day short trip to stretch old girl's legs out too.

Last edited:
Rubithon is a bit crowded for me but may run it with a friend in late june with a friend from south. The Gold lake run looks awesome and might have to plan for it. Thanks for the link!

Would love to find something close by just to do quick half day short trip to stretch old girl's legs out.

Signal Peak is my go-to for a quick and easy day trip and be back home by dinner time. Just enough rocks to not make it a boring forest road drive. There's also Eagle Lakes which is in the same area although I've never ran this section. I usually go in the Eagle Lakes side (more difficult) and come back down the Cisco Grove side which is an easy dirt road. This one connects with the Committee exit for Fordyce.

G9v2SMth.jpg

Signal Peak is my go-to for a quick and easy day trip and be back home by dinner time. Just enough rocks to not make it a boring forest road drive. There's also Eagle Lakes which is in the same area although I've never ran this section. I usually go in the Eagle Lakes side (more difficult) and come back down the Cisco Grove side which is an easy dirt road. This one connects with the Committee exit for Fordyce.

G9v2SMth.jpg

Thanks, gonna have to try it once my LX is in better shape!

Hi all - I just got my FJ 62 which needs lots of love before I can join you on any of your local adventures, but I'm looking forward to it. I drove it from EDH to Roseville today and back and felt pretty loose and rough going down the road.

What's up everyone. I really should be more involved in this forum... I live up in Chico but I'm regularly between Sac/Grass Valley/Tahoe where I have family. Signal peak is on my short list this summer. I've driven by wayyyy too many times.

I am down for whatever trail this weekend, I live in Roseville area, let me know guys!

Was thinking of camping at or past Bowman lake this weekend. But then just heard I might have to help with a move.😖 you go8ng anywhere? @Qball

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom