Meet-Up on the Beach (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting here to see if there would be any interest in a beach meet up for the group. I live in Amelia Island (northeast most part of FL) and we've got a few spots we can drive on the beach here. I mostly see a bunch of jeeps and trucks on the beach, so thought it would be cool to have a meet up for a day at the beach with a bunch of Land Cruisers.

Ideally we could settle on a date in the next month or so before it gets to the middle of summer and it gets too crowded or extremely hot. Let me know what you guys think.

Super down. Every time I drive past those beaches I see the jeeps and want to stop off, but I’m always heading into a gig with no time to spare. Let’s make it happen!

I actually just posted up a Beach Day for August 3 at Amelia for the Florida Land Cruiser FB page. Not next month, but it's out there.

Oh nice Mark, what a coincidence. I don't get on FB too much so I would've missed it.

Since I'm already here the more beach days the better for me, but probably not realistic for people further away. Maybe this first one can be pretty unofficial and low key if you're trying to set up something more substantial later in the year.

Oh nice Mark, what a coincidence. I don't get on FB too much so I would've missed it.

Since I'm already here the more beach days the better for me, but probably not realistic for people further away. Maybe this first one can be pretty unofficial and low key if you're trying to set up something more substantial later in the year.
No one said there can only be one day at the beach. :)

Super down. Every time I drive past those beaches I see the jeeps and want to stop off, but I’m always heading into a gig with no time to spare. Let’s make it happen!

I’m in! I live in Jax beach.

Sweet, I've seen pictures of some other guys at the state park so they may be in too. @Cola @ga12r1 are a few I believe.

Are Saturdays or Sundays better for most?

Sweet, I've seen pictures of some other guys at the state park so they may be in too. @Cola @ga12r1 are a few I believe.

Are Saturdays or Sundays better for most?
I’ll definitely be there as long as it’s a Sunday. Unfortunately I have to work every Saturday for the next few months.

How does Sunday 5/12 sound?

Or would that being Mother's Day make it a no go for any of you?

Thought about the week before but that's one of the busiest weekends of the year on the Island for the Annual Shrimp Festival ha

Month if May is a no go for @DragoISAR and I. But keep me updated and we'll try to make one

How does Sunday 5/12 sound?

Or would that being Mother's Day make it a no go for any of you?

Thought about the week before but that's one of the busiest weekends of the year on the Island for the Annual Shrimp Festival ha
I will be there the weekend before the 12th and the weekend after. I’m sure I could make the 12th though if everyone else is down.

Based on results from the poll it seems we will settle on one month from today, Sunday 5/19.

I don't expect it to be a huge meet up, but if you can make it that'd be great. I'll also update the post on the FB page as there seemed to be a little interest there also.

I'm thinking about driving up from South Florida. How long is the beach trail?

I'm thinking about driving up from South Florida. How long is the beach trail?

I wouldn't say its necessarily long enough to be considered a trail. I'd say its a mile or two that you can drive/park on.

See crude image with the red marker being where you can drive

Capture.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom