Meet Lakandula, my 2014 FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends and colleagues! Let me introduce to you my 2014 FJ Cruiser (Trail Team Ultimate Edition) I named Lakandula, a popular Philippine local hero in the 1500s during the early days of Philippines' Spanish colonial period.

I bought my FJ new in July 5, 2014 with its odometer at 25 miles. It has 65311 miles as of this post. I did a minimal but functional modification and/or upgrades to it with the following:

315/75R16 BFG KM3 tires on stock TRD wheels with 1.25 spacers (Spidertrax); with BMC and body pinch weld folded & hammered;
Expedition One front bumper (Wyootto) and rear bumper (with swingout); Shrockworks windshield washer relocation kit;
Toytec 2" lift kit for the stock TRD-tuned Bilstein shock & suspension; Total Chaos welded spindle gusset plate;
South Bay Driveline HD driveline;
Total Chaos UCA; Metaltech lower control arm; Califab rear upper control arm; Skyjacker rear sway bar; Toytec sway bar relocation kit and extended bumpstop;
PureFJ rock slider; RCI full underbody skids; Boztec rear differential skid plate; Shrockworks lower control arm skid; FJToyman shock skids;
JBA performance exhaust; Bajarack drop-in basket; Yodatech engine bay light

Here's one of the latest photo of Lakandula at the 'Decision Tree' in Rubicon Trail:

IMG_6144 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

I look forward to learn from all of you as I enjoy driving and taking care of my FJ Cruiser. By the way, they call me Monching from Torrance, CA.

You're an old name to me, but welcome!

If i did not know the guy standing in the Pic i would say that is photoshopped lol. Since your FJ is much to clean to have Run not only the Rubicon but Parts of Fordyce and many trails in Moab and So Cal.

If i did not know the guy standing in the Pic i would say that is photoshopped lol. Since your FJ is much to clean to have Run not only the Rubicon but Parts of Fordyce and many trails in Moab and So Cal.

I think that's the same guy who spotted me at Hell's Gate & 7-Mile Rim in Moab, and might spot me again in Dusy Ershim, lol. Thanks Jeff!

hells_gate by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

7-mile rim by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Last edited:
I just want to share some updates.

Lakandula is now at 90K + mileage and have undergone major upgrades:

1. Upgraded my stock TRD Bilstein suspension with Kings 2.5" mid-travel suspension with remote reservoir and upgraded front coil with a 700 rated springs (rear shocks with rock guard and FJToyman rear shock skid).
2. Replaced my stock lower control arm with Total Chaos Expedition Series with single shock.
3. Reinforced the cam tab with weld-on reinforcements from Total Chaos.
3. Replaced the rear spring coil with Metaltech rear coil long travel coil springs medium.
4. Re-geared to 4.88 with ARB front air locker (pending plumbing, manifold & compressor install)
5. Replaced the stock panhard bar with Rezfab panhard bar.
5. Installed a bolt-on track bar correction bracket.

Photos for reference:

IMG_1063 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

F78DC1C7-E184-44EE-B3DC-CD51372C7F35 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

All of the above will be tested this coming 35th Rubithon in September.

Last edited:
this will be your 4th time trough the Rubicon you have run part of Fordyce and we have done Moab at least 2 or 3 years and look how clean your FJ is still .

this is the cleanest FJC that actually wheels I've ever seen! and I'm surprised you haven't posted your mini RC replica!

this is the cleanest FJC that actually wheels I've ever seen! and I'm surprised you haven't posted your mini RC replica!
I Mean i kept mine pretty clean :D
I will take that bet

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_2170.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg

thanks, but Jeff's FJ is likewise clean if nor cleaner. Would probably qualify it further - 'maybe' the "cleanest FJC Trail Team Ultimate Edition (TTUE) that actually wheels." I wonder if there are other TTUE that survived Rubicon, I would love to meet them and exchange stories.

RMF_5509-2 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

RMF_5559 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

thanks, but Jeff's FJ is likewise clean if nor cleaner. Would probably qualify it further - 'maybe' the "cleanest FJC Trail Team Ultimate Edition (TTUE) that actually wheels." I wonder if there are other TTUE that survived Rubicon, I would love to meet them and exchange stories.

RMF_5509-2 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

RMF_5559 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

4 consecutive years of the Rubicon 2 years of Moab / Ourey Not 1 single breakage No dents I think we got 1 taillight 2 years ago ? I give Monching a bad time on the trail but only because he is a Friend and somehow escapes everything :steer:. 2024. Fordyce :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom