Medina / Akron / Cleveland Sandblaster? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone provide a reference for a Medina based sandblaster (Akron or Cleveland works too)?

I'm painstakingly restoring my 1968 FJ40's 99.9% rust free tub and larger body accessories (I have a sandblast cabinent) and am stumped to locate a decent shop.

The tub and accessories primarily need the previous owner(s) spray can primer effort removed.

Thanks

This could help

I can only recommond one place Newbury Sandblasting and Painting 440-338-5513. I have used them for classic Farm type Equip. I had a lot of my body parts dipped instead of blasting in Cleveland at Dependable Auto Strippers not sure if they can handle a tub.
Newbury is East of Chagrin Falls on Route 87 about 35minutes from Cleveland. Are you east or west?

Look in the Akron phone book for a place called Thomasros Or Thomarios, something like that. I believe they are on rt 18. My customer recommended them highly to me once. I know they do high end work.

MJM,

First, thanks for the response.

I reside in Medina (near I-71) but work downtown in Cleveland (~40 miles away).

I found a place that also does / did military equipment (large shop) so I will give the guy a call.

Oddly enough - when I removed the tub from the frame I found one of the previous owner's insurance information - the FJ40 had been owned by an individual in Cleveland. :rolleyes:

I purchased the vehicle from an owner in North Carolina and he bought it from a guy in Colorado. :eek:

So far, the FJ40 is ready to get its primer removed and then I begin the process of putting it back together.

Depending how it proceeds, the FJ will either get a 2F or 327 heart. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom