1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medina / Akron / Cleveland Sandblaster?

Discussion in 'OH- The Buckeye Birfield Syndicate' started by Gumby USMC '68 FJ40, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Can anyone provide a reference for a Medina based sandblaster (Akron or Cleveland works too)?

I'm painstakingly restoring my 1968 FJ40's 99.9% rust free tub and larger body accessories (I have a sandblast cabinent) and am stumped to locate a decent shop.

The tub and accessories primarily need the previous owner(s) spray can primer effort removed.

Thanks

2. MJM

MJM SILVER Star

This could help

I can only recommond one place Newbury Sandblasting and Painting 440-338-5513. I have used them for classic Farm type Equip. I had a lot of my body parts dipped instead of blasting in Cleveland at Dependable Auto Strippers not sure if they can handle a tub.
    Newbury is East of Chagrin Falls on Route 87 about 35minutes from Cleveland. Are you east or west?

3. kirk

kirk

Look in the Akron phone book for a place called Thomasros Or Thomarios, something like that. I believe they are on rt 18. My customer recommended them highly to me once. I know they do high end work.

4. Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

MJM,

First, thanks for the response.

I reside in Medina (near I-71) but work downtown in Cleveland (~40 miles away).

I found a place that also does / did military equipment (large shop) so I will give the guy a call.

Oddly enough - when I removed the tub from the frame I found one of the previous owner's insurance information - the FJ40 had been owned by an individual in Cleveland. :rolleyes:

I purchased the vehicle from an owner in North Carolina and he bought it from a guy in Colorado. :eek:

So far, the FJ40 is ready to get its primer removed and then I begin the process of putting it back together.

Depending how it proceeds, the FJ will either get a 2F or 327 heart. :idea:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">