Medina / Akron / Cleveland Sandblaster?

Discussion in 'OH- The Buckeye Birfield Syndicate' started by Gumby USMC '68 FJ40, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Can anyone provide a reference for a Medina based sandblaster (Akron or Cleveland works too)?

I'm painstakingly restoring my 1968 FJ40's 99.9% rust free tub and larger body accessories (I have a sandblast cabinent) and am stumped to locate a decent shop.

The tub and accessories primarily need the previous owner(s) spray can primer effort removed.

Thanks

2. MJM

MJM SILVER Star

This could help

I can only recommond one place Newbury Sandblasting and Painting 440-338-5513. I have used them for classic Farm type Equip. I had a lot of my body parts dipped instead of blasting in Cleveland at Dependable Auto Strippers not sure if they can handle a tub.
    Newbury is East of Chagrin Falls on Route 87 about 35minutes from Cleveland. Are you east or west?

3. kirk

kirk

Look in the Akron phone book for a place called Thomasros Or Thomarios, something like that. I believe they are on rt 18. My customer recommended them highly to me once. I know they do high end work.

4. Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

Gumby USMC '68 FJ40

MJM,

First, thanks for the response.

I reside in Medina (near I-71) but work downtown in Cleveland (~40 miles away).

I found a place that also does / did military equipment (large shop) so I will give the guy a call.

Oddly enough - when I removed the tub from the frame I found one of the previous owner's insurance information - the FJ40 had been owned by an individual in Cleveland. :rolleyes:

I purchased the vehicle from an owner in North Carolina and he bought it from a guy in Colorado. :eek:

So far, the FJ40 is ready to get its primer removed and then I begin the process of putting it back together.

Depending how it proceeds, the FJ will either get a 2F or 327 heart. :idea:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.