Mechanic review of Sequoia Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couldn't people just lift it and put larger tires? That's what many do with the GX.
Depends on what you want. I don’t rock crawl. But I do drive long stretches of washboarded gravel, fire roads, sand, etc so approach angle is less important than overall durability and reliability. That being said, if I bought one i’d be looking for a mod to the bumper, maybe an ARB bumper, ASAP.

In the stock height non-AHC config I'm not really sure you'd be safe on a lot of the washboard/sandy trails or fire roads in the USA that you are in the LC200. I'd be concerned on something like the hole in the rock road. I'm not sure you'd come back with the bumper covers still intact. The stock LX height spec sheet says only has 7.9" of ground clearance and about 20 degree approach/departure angles. With a 2" lift you'd get to roughly what a stock 4Runner has for clearance and angles and probably still ride very comfortably in that terrain.

If the TRD Pro fox suspension fits from a Sequoia/Tundra - it could make for a nice ride with low maintenance and OEM quality. Does the non-AHC LX600 come with KDSS standard? If it does, that should be a very nice setup for all conditions. Not sure how much you'd end up saving though - it's around $6k for that suspension set plus the install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom