Mechanic Help in Harrisburg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They do not do the four picture thing anymore.
When I did my two there was no inspection of any sort.
I just walked in handed over paperwork and walked out with a new title.
Same when I did mine. The state changed the rules on that a few years back. The only stock part on my old car was the body and had zero issue getting the classic tag. When I sold the car all I had to do was hand write a note with the vin and tag number and sign it.

a JSA is in place and parts have been ordered.
a work permit will be filled out when things arrive, any hot work permits will be filled out as required.

Hey Guys! Sorry for the delay in replying. I should definitely start a build thread to keep all of this in one place.

If by JSA we’re talking the analysis, Brian recommended a few things to begin- New starter, and for the Desmog, an Air pump eliminator kit, non-USA carb, and sending the dizzy off to Jim C.

Ive ordered the parts from Jim/TLC for the desmog. Haven’t picked up the carb yet. Trying to hunt down an OEM before grabbing the Fuji Japan from City Racer.

I know I’ve got a whole mess of work ahead of me, but for now the goal remains to get her running.

The starter arrived in the mail today. Going to try to get it on soon and move forward from there!

JSA....in the world of industrial job sites.= job safety(can also be site) analysis.....go through the tasks at hand to determine potential hazards ahead of starting work so procedures can be implemented to mitigate the hazards.....vs knowledge, craftsmanship, skill and just plain common sense.

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Lately, I've been chasing down some fuel starvation issues. She'll fire right up, but won't stay running.

Since January, I've replaced the starter, battery, fuel filter, changed the oil and filter, put in a new Kyosan fuel pump. I'm currently waiting on a JimC dizzy and carb rebuild.

As for the starvation issue, the lines were clean, fuel was in the filter, so I was able to narrow it down to the carb. I figured I'm getting a rebuilt one for the desmog, so there's no harm in me trying my hand at a rebuild while I wait.

Sure enough, I get into it and half of the gasket is shredded and just sitting in the bowl. Tonight I'll be finishing the disassembly, and soaking the parts (simple green, not gasoline). I plan on replacing a majority of the hoses, as some of them are so brittle they just snapped when touched, and fuel lines while I'm at it.
file1-5.jpeg
file-9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom