May club run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I remembered some members saying they were going to make this a multi-day trip at the last meeting. I am considering this also. who is considering and what days?

I thought I remembered some members saying they were going to make this a multi-day trip at the last meeting. I am considering this also. who is considering and what days?
Iam planning to attend & camp Sat night 🌙.

Marc

You guys beat me to it! Hear are the details for our May Club Run on Saturday, May 21st, with overnight camping optional:

Rattlesnake Canyon/Burns Canyon (Rating 2-4, Easy to Moderate); and Motino Wash (Rating 6-8, Difficult to Severe). This will be a Saturday day run, with optional overnight camping on Saturday for those who'd like to do so.

We will meet at 9:00 AM at the intersection of Bear Valley Road (off of I-15, in Hesperia) and Highway 18. From there, we will caravan to the trailhead and air down.

This run should have something for everyone! Rattlesnake Canyon connects to Burns Canyon and leads to either Baldwin Lake, at the back side of Big Bear Lake, or down to Pioneertown (in the Morongo Basin, not too far from Joshua Tree). TrailsOffRoad.com says about these trails, "Most stock high ground clearance 4x4's should easily be able to do this trail with some line picking to get through the harder areas."

Motino Wash is a short (1.8 miles) spur off of Rattlesnake Canyon, so those of us that don't want the hard-core challenge can park off trail and watch how the big boys in their built rigs do it! TrailsOffRoad.com says about this trail, "Rocky or undulated road surface. Potential rocks less than 36" tall and/or vertical ledges less than 36" tall and/or near vertical ledges or waterfalls less than 84" inches. Tire placement becomes more difficult. Can be steep and off-camber."

As always, be sure to check this thread and our SoCalTLCA website for the latest information, trip updates, caravanning options, etc... Also, if you're planning to attend this run, please check in on this thread to let us know to expect you at the meeting point!

Hi Travis - My latest post on this thread (#9) confirms the dates & details. Thanks for getting this thread started! If you get a chance, would you please update the thread title to include the date(s)?

Thanks,
JR

Hi Travis - My latest post on this thread (#9) confirms the dates & details. Thanks for getting this thread started! If you get a chance, would you please update the thread title to include the date(s)?

Thanks,
JR
I looked into changing the title and it seems that is an admin/mod only option.

Okay, thanks for trying!

You guys beat me to it! Hear are the details for our May Club Run on Saturday, May 21st, with overnight camping optional:

Rattlesnake Canyon/Burns Canyon (Rating 2-4, Easy to Moderate); and Motino Wash (Rating 6-8, Difficult to Severe). This will be a Saturday day run, with optional overnight camping on Saturday for those who'd like to do so.

We will meet at 9:00 AM at the intersection of Bear Valley Road (off of I-15, in Hesperia) and Highway 18. From there, we will caravan to the trailhead and air down.

This run should have something for everyone! Rattlesnake Canyon connects to Burns Canyon and leads to either Baldwin Lake, at the back side of Big Bear Lake, or down to Pioneertown (in the Morongo Basin, not too far from Joshua Tree). TrailsOffRoad.com says about these trails, "Most stock high ground clearance 4x4's should easily be able to do this trail with some line picking to get through the harder areas."

Motino Wash is a short (1.8 miles) spur off of Rattlesnake Canyon, so those of us that don't want the hard-core challenge can park off trail and watch how the big boys in their built rigs do it! TrailsOffRoad.com says about this trail, "Rocky or undulated road surface. Potential rocks less than 36" tall and/or vertical ledges less than 36" tall and/or near vertical ledges or waterfalls less than 84" inches. Tire placement becomes more difficult. Can be steep and off-camber."

As always, be sure to check this thread and our SoCalTLCA website for the latest information, trip updates, caravanning options, etc... Also, if you're planning to attend this run, please check in on this thread to let us know to expect you at the meeting point!
Iam attending , also planning to camp Saturday night. As long at least 1 other vehicle will join me?

Marc

I'm going to pass. Have a member guest golf event the next day so I'll save gas money for the longer trips we have planned.

Have fun!!

Hey all,
I met @DirtyRice Joe at a LC meetup in San Diego at the beginning of the year (Me and my girlfriend were in the white 80 parked beside joe's 80). Would it be ok with everyone if we tag along for this trail run?

-Bobby

Hey all,
I met @DirtyRice Joe at a LC meetup in San Diego at the beginning of the year (Me and my girlfriend were in the white 80 parked beside joe's 80). Would it be ok with everyone if we tag along for this trail run?

-Bobby
Come join the fun! Bring your non-Toyota too. We once had a one wheel drive Kawasaki 250 on a club run

Hey all,

-Bobby
Absolutely Bobby, all are welcome. Follow the meet up directions. See you Saturday!

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom