Max Tire Size/ No Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to get some BFG All Terrains, what is the biggest tire I can get without rubbing? I know I have seen it on here before but cant seem to find the thread.

I have had 285s on 3 99s and 1 00 and never had any rubbing issues.

What about the 255/85 R 16? I believe they will fit without rubbing. If you want tall and skinny.

Will 295s fit without rubbing?

I have had 285s on 3 99s and 1 00 and never had any rubbing issues.

What about the 255/85 R 16? I believe they will fit without rubbing.

Monkey might have been swinging with another model tire. He'll tell us when he's done playing Indiana Jones on the vines. :D

Only thing I found regarding 285's rubbing was when Loud was running them on his fancy spinner wheels pre-lift.

I didn't find any reports of 285's rubbing on 16" factory wheels. Regarding 295's what I found was that you should be planning on lifting pretty soon after installing 295's.

I'm about to get a set of either the BFG AT KO's or Nitto Terra Grapplers. Everyone seems to say great things about the Nitto's and you can get 5 of them for the price of 4 AT KO's. Of course you can split the difference with the Goodyear Silent Armor tires, which seem to get excellent reviews.

edit - I would like to see the BFG AT KO 265/75R/16's on an un-lifted 100.

Only thing I found regarding 285's rubbing was when Loud was running them on his fancy spinner wheels pre-lift.

edit - I would like to see the BFG AT KO 265/75R/16's on an un-lifted 100.

Yeah, my wheels stuck out 48mm more then stock on each side...causing the 285s to slap the fenders. Ive got stock wheels now and they dont rub, even when I put the AHC in LOW.

I think I can find pictures of a white 2003 with the BFG AT KO 265/75R/16s and stock suspension, macneills buddy that they just put the TJM side bars on had em.

EDIT - this is the only picture I seem to have
IMG_0017.jpg

Well they certainly look comfortable under there. A little more narrow (-0.8inch) and a little shorter (-1.1inch) than the 285's according to the BFG website.

I guess the 285 would do better if I lift at some point in the future. Most of my off-road driving I've been doing has been on jeep / fire roads, some sort of steep with a lot of loose rock. Am I right in thinking narrow is better for that sort of stuff?

Ooh, and I can get 265 Nitto TG's for $130 each it appears... :hmm:

FWIW, I think the 265s are puny. They came off his old Rover. I believe 295s are the largest you can go.

I had 305s with lift and they rubbed just a bit.

I think I can find pictures of a white 2003 with the BFG AT KO 265/75R/16s and stock suspension, macneills buddy that they just put the TJM side bars on had em.

Why is it the non-NA rigs tend to have the white letters exposed and the NA rigs don't? When I was 16 it was cool to have the white letters exposed on your pick-up..

Just one more thing to add to my list of considerations for my trip to the tire store tomorrow :confused:

White letters in and not exposed.

if my truck was white i would have the letters showing, but its not. So i let the dirt build up on the letters on the inside.

I run 285/75 BFG ATs and they rub slightly in some situations. They're mounted on non-US OEM steel wheels, same dimensions as the stock alloys.

I ran a set of BFGs with the white lettering out, many years ago. Pretty soon, the lettering was scraped and yellowed and dirty and always looked like crap. So ever since, white letters go on the inside!

Nice. White letters out on a $100k+ dakar style race truck is OK. That is my favorite 100 by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom