March Club Run: Red Rock Canyon - Last Chance Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joe, still thiking about camping Sunday evening somewhere?

Joe, still thiking about camping Sunday evening somewhere?
Strong possibility, but I need to get some things done to prep for an appointment on the 24th. If all goes well, I hope to camp Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Anything closer to the Long Beach Area?
Aiden James customs located in Santa Ana. They post on IG daily. You can Google them also .

Turns out I have to get a Covid test on Sunday mornign, so I’m definetely on joining on Saturday. We fly to Hawaii on Wednesday and need to get a negative test on Sunday.

Turns out I have to get a Covid test on Sunday mornign, so I’m definetely on joining on Saturday. We fly to Hawaii on Wednesday and need to get a negative test on Sunday.
Test just to visit Hawaii and not potential exposure, right? Gotta ask as I'm in a high risk category. I am getting my first vaccination tomorrow morning.

My plans have changed and I am no longer taking my dirt bikes and trailer. So no need to camp in Dove Springs. I can camp with everyone else closer to the trail head. Still planning on leaving from Costa Mesa Friday around 2:30.

My plans have changed and I am no longer taking my dirt bikes and trailer. So no need to camp in Dove Springs. I can camp with everyone else closer to the trail head. Still planning on leaving from Costa Mesa Friday around 2:30.
Not sure where Joe is planning on camping. I don't know the area so open to suggestions!

This is Earl with the green FJ 40, I’m leaving from chino at 9am, can someone please call, text or email me with the coordinates of where you think you might be camping, I plan on staying Friday night and Saturday night

Hi all - Here's an update to post #19 (I'll edit that post, too, just so no one is confused by conflicting information).

• I completed all my tasks at home, so I will be leaving OC mid-day (no firm time yet, sorry) and camping Friday night and Saturday night. I may also camp Sunday night, depending on where & when we wind up and the weather.
  • New Friday night camp location - Based on conversations with Bill Jones, who knows the area better than me, I will try to meet up with Bill and camp at: 35.52034, -118.04694. This is slightly north of Red Rock Canyon State Park, and west of Hwy 14. Per Bill, it's far enough from the road that it shouldn't be too noisy, and it's big enough for up to 6 (or so) vehicles. It's also primitive camping on BLM land, so no campground services.
  • For those with Ham's, frequency will be 146.520, per Brent's suggestion.

So Dave, just to confirm, are you still in for Saturday, but not camping Saturday night?

Hi Jason - Please see updated post #19 & #36. Hope to see you Friday, if you try to camp at Bill's suggested site. If not, Saturday morning!

This is Earl with the green FJ 40, I’m leaving from chino at 9am, can someone please call, text or email me with the coordinates of where you think you might be camping, I plan on staying Friday night and Saturday night
See posts #19 & #36.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom