Many Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I hot my tan 93 home and have began to uncover some issues. First was the brakes. The front calipers were shot as was the master cylinder. Fixed that issue. Next I found the inner axel seal shot on the drivers side. Lastly I had the check engine go on and off a couple of times the other day. Pulled the codes and got 83, 84, and 85 which I have found on here to mean I need a new ECM. I have found used ones for around 250. I know I want p/n 89661-60221. My question is is that out of any 94 model? I will be ordering it online so I won't get to verify until it hits my door and just telling him get it from a 94 will make it easier.

The truck is high mileage (240k), but in very good shape. Looks like it doesn't have any issues I can't handle myself, though I have never done axel work I have swapped motors and done clutches so hopefully I can handle it. Looks like I'll be able to baseline it for right around a grand so I am happy about that, esp. if I can get the motor to 300k. I have heard the trans is good for at least that as well.

Welcome and congrats!!!! Post up some pics on your new addiction. That's what we all do here when we get a new rig, is start base-lining it. PM Beno, CDAN, or OrangeFJ45 for Toyota axle rebuild kits.

All 1994 models will have the 89661-60221. Late 1993 will also have them.

250 bucks is a steal for that part number. New ones list for $1,861.53.

Cruiserdan is right about the price. I was getting a P0116 code on my 97 FZJ80. I found the $1200 version for the most recent version I needed. I don't remember the number off hand, but Justin at Safari Ltd. hooked me up for $200 + s&h. It was plug and play. Super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom