Manual transmission conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
Is it possible de convert a V8 diesel GX manual transmission to automatic ? I read that all automatic LC200 are equipped with the AB60E/F transmission. I found many used AB60 removed from gazoline V8 5.7 and 4.6 engines.
Thank you all

Not possible in the US as there are no diesels. Calling @VooDoo2

The question was can I install components taken from gasoline landcruiser ?

I'm sure it's possible, though how difficult may in part depend on your vehicle model. It's not just going to be swap a transmission housing and add a clutch pedal. I imagine it would be cheaper and easier to just sell your vehicle and find a manual 200 for sale. If you're really dying to try this the current download and setup instructions are posted at FSM for 200 series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fsm-for-200-series.765372/page-6#post-14229850 - go download and compare the removal/installation for the entire transmission section to start with, and then go trace the wiring diagrams to see if the ECUs, gauge cluster, etc are different.

My comment, although probably rude, is with a question like this...if you have to ask, you are probably in over your head. I can't imagine going through the process of changing the type of transmission in a modern vehicle. The amount of parts needed is probably staggering. Especially going from Manual to Automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom